What is this? sarcoid or cut? (also in Vet)

helppls

Visit site
Haven't noticed before that my horse has a round cut/sarcoid on his stomach, he got kicked by my other horse so could of been from that or does it look like a sarcoid?

I don't know if putting cream on it can be ok or make it worse.

Any ideas?

023.jpg

Montyforever

Visit site
Looks like a sarcoid to me, a horse on my yard had one on his sheath. Could just be an odd cut though, but if I was you I would get a vet out to be sure

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
could well be sarcoidesque

If you have/could take some more pics you could send them to prof knottenbelt at liverpool, he was very helpful when someone from the forum sent a picture of some dead ragwort to him recently! or send them to your own vet?

domane

Visit site
Looks like a sarcoid to me too. My boy developed one last summer...

240811004.jpg

....it was open and weepy through the hot months so every day I put thuja cream on it and covered it with Sudocreme to try to keep the flies off. Gradually it protubed further until it was almost like a mushroom... with a thinner, short "stem" attaching it to the skin. Then the colour went and it turned grey, started shrivelling and fell off a couple of months ago. Now you can't feel a thing where it was :)

I didn't call the vet out as at no time was it infected or sore, just ugly to look at! Neither did it grow any larger... as I said it just came outwards very slightly as it changed before it died.

Last edited: