What is wrong with this site software

Miss L Toe

Visit site
I have mega problems wit hthis site, no other site, keep getting some "survey" from contenko
also can t seem to use pm s unless someone contacts me
also an error massage saying "error script on the page causes computer to run slowly" or some such
I used to be able to complain to The Fat Controller but I don t see anything on here now,

DreamTeam

Visit site
So it's not just me! I am also having problems with this site - it seems to take ages to be able to scroll down the page, go backwards/forwards through multiple pages and my computer keeps posting a message saying that an error with the site has caused internet explorer to shut it down and restart it! Very annoying ...

ozpoz

Visit site
I'm not sure if the site is the problem - it's running smoothly for me.
Have you got pop ups and all ads. blocked? That might help.

Sometimes, some spammy virus is just trying to make you buy something/track you. It can be picked up on any webpage/email.

exracehorse

Visit site
Just posted the exact problem, a running script problem? Have to click on after each page to read and it takes simply ages to read through a whole article, going to give up soon.

Antw23uk

Visit site
I too keep getting the script error message after waiting about 30 or so seconds for the page to allow me to scroll down!! :mad:

Sam_J

Visit site
^^This - I keep getting the 'stop running this script' message and the pages are taking ages to load. Not using the forum as much because it's sooooo irritating!

Garnet

Visit site
So it's not just me! I am also having problems with this site - it seems to take ages to be able to scroll down the page, go backwards/forwards through multiple pages and my computer keeps posting a message saying that an error with the site has caused internet explorer to shut it down and restart it! Very annoying ...

I also had problems over the weekend with exactly the same message. I have tried today with Google Chrome internet browser rather than Internet Explorer (steam-powered computer at home!) and today is fine, so I suspect the Forum upgrade works have left behind some of the older versions of internet browsers?

Capriole

Visit site
There have been a few threads about this so it's happening for quite a lot of people I think. I'm on Chrome and have had no problems, but I opened the forum with Internet Explorer to have a look and it was really bad.

Visit site
Same problems with me, just had my computer upgraded so not sure its that no other site a problem. Havent got Chrome, what is it ?

Zero00000

Visit site
Remember reading the other day that the issue seems to be with internet explorer, other users switched to chrome or other and problem stopped

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
There is a thread in feedback. It seems to be problem of incompatibility with browser Internet Explorer. If you change to Google Chrome then apparently it is OK. Doesn't seem like they are going to do anything about the site being incompatible with the second most popular Internet Browser in the world until they have launched the new forum format. If there are problems after that they will address it.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11935457#post11935457

So change your browser to the "in the minds of many, superior" Google Chrome or put up and shut up I think the message seems to be :)

lhotse

Visit site
I was having this problem with internet explorer, also couldn't post on my FB page and everything was slow. Switched to Google Chrome last year and haven't had any problems since. I think it's to do with IE on most older PC's being outdated and not really compatible with a lot of websites.

StormyMoments

Visit site
I too keep getting the script error message after waiting about 30 or so seconds for the page to allow me to scroll down!! :mad:

I get this too!! its really irritating now -.- but its only recent. its not been going on for months just a couple of weeks now :eek:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I have mega problems wit hthis site, no other site, keep getting some "survey" from contenko
also can t seem to use pm s unless someone contacts me
also an error massage saying "error script on the page causes computer to run slowly" or some such
I used to be able to complain to The Fat Controller but I don t see anything on here now,

look down in feedback they are trying to fix it. Firefox work fine here

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I use Internet Explorer; my PC is set up for that and I don't want to mess around with anything else as I'm not computer literate enough to sort out a problem if I do anything else! ;) - and as someone else has said, WHF SHOULD everyone have to change to a different browser just for this site? Personally I haven't a clue how to do it, and worry intensely that if I do change, it will totally mess up my computer. And why should I have to????

I don't know what the administration of this site have done, but I noticed this over the weekend, can't remember when exactly.

There are other threads running about it........ "they" have been told! I am getting increasingly annoyed by this. Whatever the Powers that Be have done, can't it be changed back again please?

I think the majority of people who're having trouble on here, don't get it anywhere else, its just this site.

By golly, if things aren't broke, I wish to heck people wouldn't fix it!! This site has become a real pain to use - with an annoying pop up every 30 seconds or so :(

Doris68

Visit site
Not good - long script stuff - taking ages to scroll down. Hope they sort it out soon as it's driving me nuts!!!

crabbymare

Visit site
Its ok on firefox but its amazing how many cookies from 3rd party sites are on my computer because of the advertising on here and yes I have cleared them all and then come straight on here and looked at them again. it does not happen with other vbulletin sites with no adverts so that may have something to do with it. hope they get it sorted as it must be driving explorer users nuts :(

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Clearly some changes have been made to the software of this forum last week causing a message to state 'Script Running'. Suggest that this is corrected immediately otherwise many of us will move away and suddenly the advertisers on this site will realise that no one is viewing this site anymore and withdraw their advertising.