What length are cob size reins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolocookiepepsi

Visit site
Hmm.. Let's see if I can ask a simple, honest question that I need answered without being insulted and picked upon yet again..

I'd like to know, in inches, what length are cob sized reins? Have a pair and I need to make sure they will fit.
Thank you

lhotse

Visit site
Depends on how big the cob is to whether they will fit or not. A pony sized cob would need shorter reins than a 16hh cob.

little_critter

Visit site
It probably depends on what sort of neck your pony / cob has. I have a 14.1hh l/w cob and use full size reins and still swear they are too short. She doesn't curl her neck much so takes up a lot of rein.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
It probably depends on what sort of neck your pony / cob has. I have a 14.1hh l/w cob and use full size reins and still swear they are too short. She doesn't curl her neck much so takes up a lot of rein.

whereas I have a 14hh welsh cob and a 15hh irish cob x and I use pony length reins :lol:
Maybe I've got longer arms than normal ?!

OP I'd agree that cob are usually 54", my pony ones are 48".

Auslander

Visit site
whereas I have a 14hh welsh cob and a 15hh irish cob x and I use pony length reins :lol:
Maybe I've got longer arms than normal ?!

OP I'd agree that cob are usually 54", my pony ones are 48".

I've got pony reins on my double bridle, and Alf is 17hh! Can't bear loops of rein everywhere.

Cowpony

Visit site
I use pony reins on my 14.2. I used to use cob reins, but when she is excited (usually when she knows she is about to jump) her head comes up like a giraffe, and with my stirrups at jumping length my foot was getting caught in the loop. Yes, I have short legs......

SuperH

Visit site
I must have short arms as both of my 14.2s are in full length reins. They don't have long necks either. I think it is personal preference really, try what you have and if you don't like them try to swap them for a different length.

Status
Not open for further replies.