What mouthpiece for your ex racers?

Mince Pie

Visit site
I currently have my girl in sweet iron single jointed full cheek snaffle, but I'm wondering if a lozenge mouthpiece would be better or a happy mouth (if going down the happy mouth route do you find they are a bit thick in the mouth?)? I know a lot of horses race in a single joint loose ring though.

What bit and mouthpiece do you guys use for your ex racer?

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
Our's seems to prefer the happy mouth lozenge link or just a plain rubber mouth snaffle. Have tried him in others but he seems happiest in the rubber bits. He's got a very big tongue for his mouth and still plenty of room with the happy mouth lozenge. :)

Spotsrock

Visit site
My boy will be coming home today. He's work ridden in a single joint snaffle. I will be putting him into a french link snaffle.

harmony_

Visit site
NeuShule (sp?) bit with a lozange in the middle, simple snaffle though, works well in it xc,sj and dressage although he is never strong but very mouth happy.

Mince Pie

Visit site
Hmm some food for thought here :) I'll try her in Olly's lozenge loose ring and see how she goes. Interesting to know that the happy mouth/rubber bits won't be too thick, thanks :)