what plans do you have in place?

spike123

Visit site
A recent car accident has left me in a situation where temporarily I am unable to care for my horse.I am lucky in that my YO and a friend are looking after him on my behalf,although even if I wasn't injured I couldn't get to the yard which is 12 miles from home as I have been carless for almost a week and still have another 2 weeks to go until I get my car back.My hire car arrives today so I can be driven to the yard to at least go and see my horse but what if this happened to you? Would you have a plan in place to deal with such a situation? What if you were permanently disabled as a result of an accident or if you were killed.What would happen to your horse?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Luckily my mother is horsey so she can at least look after him. I did have these feelings while going to Italy this year and made my mother promise that she could not sell him and that he was not to be wasted either just hunting or doing 2'6 type stuff. He belongs to my OH so if I was injured then he would make the decisions and I know he would not sell him.

dotty1

Visit site
I have a friend who has agreed to be my horses god mother and should anything happen to me, she is to have them and do what she thinks best for them. We have a written agreement and I have given my parents a copy too, they are not horsey so would be a bit stuck looking after 2 horses.
I totally trust that whatever decisions she made for them it would be the right thing to do.
She is thrilled to be their godmother!!

Tia

Visit site
Thankfully my daughter is horsey and if anything happened to me then husband would keep my "special" horse, Cloud and Ezzy and then he would find nice homes for all of the others. We have our own land and are a hay farm, so it wouldn't be a problem regarding grazing or feeding.

Weezy

Visit site
If I suffer an untimely death then there are provisions in my will for my horses to go to my friend and it is up to her what she does with them - any proceeds from sale goes to my children