What prices to rugs make at sales?

Archangel

Visit site
I am thinking of selling my rugs and 'stuff' at the next Ashford Market but have no idea if they make sensible money - has anyone done this?

I haven't got time (or much inclination) to ebay them or sell them privately and it is probably a flawed idea because I will probably sell the rugs and end up bidding for a horse :eek:

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Archangel

Visit site
Rambos and Rhino turnouts (Wugs and Original necks), plus Thermatex and Lavenham Cosy stable rugs (old but excellent condition). Mostly 5ft 9ins - sadly lost both my smaller boys recently so rugs not needed (plus mare needs a new rug!). I was going to sell them separately but would put them into lots if that is what is usually done.

onemoretime

Visit site
If my experience is anything to go by they wont make much.

I have 3 turnout rugs, 2 Masta's with detachable necks and one Rhinegold with no neck. They are all clean and reproofed and still in bags from the cleaners. I have advertised them several times and have yet to sell even one of them. Considering it costs 19.99 to clean and reproof a rug and £10 to clean a neck I think £35 each is pretty reasonable for the Mastas and £20 for the Rhinehold but still no takers.