What sentence from a seller would stop you going to look at a horse.......

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
You're welcome to ride my horse at the viewing, but I have a bad back so won't be able to ride first.

yes totally! :eek::oops: - I cannot count the number of times I have heard this little gem lol! and the other one """we don't have anywhere suitable to try him other than you can of course ride them up and down the lane, we are not allowed to ride in the fields etc. etc...."""

scats

Visit site
You're welcome to ride my horse at the viewing, but I have a bad back so won't be able to ride first.

Actually, Millie’s old owner said exactly this to me, but she genuinely did have a bad back (hence why she was selling and giving up horses). Fortunately I got the right vibes off her and I knew Millie was going to be fine, which she was.
There’s not many horses I’d do this with though!

Kat

Visit site
Re-advertised due to timewasters

Or anything to do with timewasters, very few people go viewing horses for fun, and good sellers normally recognise that not everyone who views their horse will want to buy it. So this sentence normally means the horseis not as described or has something wrong with it.

Muddywellies

Visit site
anything involving parelli/ natural horsemanship....sorry no offence intended to those who use these methods, just those I've encountered have been behavioural nightmares 🙈 ...the horses that is!!

You took the words right out of my mouth. I’m afraid to say that I also have found that many horses ‘trained’ using NH methods to be rude and disrespectful (or unsound).

NLPM

Visit site
Yes to any comments about time wasters.

I also avoid horses that apparently have done brilliantly in past competitions but have then been left in a field for two years. I always assume the horse is lame.

Also "potential ..." anything when the horse is 14.

Have to add I laughed at an ad the other day - the whole thing gave a good description for the pony but ended with: "price to be disgusted"!

I saw that... It made me laugh too! Fabulous looking pony though.

On the same site is a horse for sale very cheaply because it needs treatment for melanomas :(

scats

Visit site
Want 10* home which will be vetted

This is interesting because I had to jump through hoops to buy Millie. The old owner wanted references from two professionals, she wanted to see my BHS certificates... all of which I could and did provide. It might have put some people off but it also gave me the feeling that this was a good horse that someone really cared about, rather than something someone wanted rid of quick.

But I can see how this sort of thing on an ad might put people off!