what should breed would be good?

treacle_beastie

Visit site
I have a tbxcobxshire she's 50% tb and think the cob aspect is welsh. She's not very chunky and is 15hh. Ideally I would like to produce a slightly bigger and chunkier foal. What breeds do you think I could consider?

Alexart

Visit site
Depends on what you want to do with the foal? Also what is her conformation like - any pics?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I have a tbxcobxshire she's 50% tb and think the cob aspect is welsh. She's not very chunky and is 15hh. Ideally I would like to produce a slightly bigger and chunkier foal. What breeds do you think I could consider?

Archie, lots of pictures on his website of stock from a variety of mare types.

The owner, Mrs Jennings a most helpful and knowledge lady. Temperament of the stallion is outstanding, he competes as well.

The foal I know has a super temperament and plenty of substance.

treacle_beastie

Visit site
Here are some recent ish pics (last couple of years) btw the title of the post should have read what breed should I cross mine with!

RSYARD201005090072.jpg

RSCC201009250186.jpg

This is her when she was just turned 6 yrs
IMG_0641.jpg

emlybob

Visit site
She really has less bone than expected from her breeding.

Do you want to produce more feather?

I would go for an Irish draught stallion for height and more bone or possibly a traditional banner cob. Have a look at bathley hill farm stud they have one of each!

Archie is also a super stallion.

You don't say what the potential foal will be used for, which may give us more of an idea which direction to point you in

treacle_beastie

Visit site
Yeah she is def a cob body on th legs! Not really bothered about more feather, just more bone. I just want to produce an allrounder really as not very competitive, just riding club but must be athletic and springy enough to jump!

gadetra

Visit site
Definately Irish Draught then, an old fashioned type if looking to add bone. They have all the jump you will need and an excellent temprament.
Good luck!
:D