What should I do?

do you like or dislike pessoas and why

• Total voters

SummerStorm

Visit site
This is a bit of a follow up post from whether leather or rubber boots are better and apologies in advance for my lack of organistion over this but...

I'll be competing next weekend at unaffiliated SJ but it's a fairly large show and I'm a bit worried as to what to wear on my feet! Up til now I've been borrowing jod boots off a friend but she's competing at a different show so I can't borrow this time...

So, I've either got an old pair of long rubber riding boots which are too small (and hurt a lot) and have no grip on the sole meaning I tend to lose my stirrups a heck of a lot when I wear them or I have some very dark blue boots (similar to hiking boots but they're riding ones from Swizterland) and then brand new black chaps with them. There is a (very small) chance that I'd be able to borrow something off someone else and I'm running out of time a bit to buy ones before I go...

Thanks a million,

SF x

rema

Visit site
If your boots hurt you then i wouldent wear them.You will be too busy having the blood supply cut off in your legs than concentrating on what you are doing.
grin.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
buy some cheap jod boots.
You can get boots for next to nothing, have a look on ebay or try derby house or robinsons. I wouldnt bet on borrowing any just incase you can't. But if you set yourself to buy some you're more likely to get some before the event.
good luck!!

harvgj19

Visit site
Buy yourself some cheap black jod boots and wear your black chaps with them, or get out and buy some decent long boots.

Wearing ones that hurt and make you lose your stirrups doesn't sound like a good idea to me, and as for the blue ones, well it all depends on how smart you want to look.

Good luck!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
no, i think it's 18. Just get some cheap joddy boots and wear half chaps if you want to. But you can go in just joddy boots. As it's not marked on turnout I wouldnt worry too much, it won't affect your jumping whatever you wear (unless they're the boots that hurt!). Good luck!!

matthew

Visit site
Why not wear the old long boots and then see if you can buy some on the day from a trade stand at the show?? you would be a bit bug**ered if you couldnt find any others though i suppose!

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
[ QUOTE ]
Chaps aren't ideal....but if you're over a certain age are better than nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm over a certain age and have to wear jodh boots and half chaps because my feet are a size 6 but I have a 36" inseam, so long boots don't fit. I make my pwn half chaps "Blue Peter" style from old leggings
grin.gif