What sort of livery do you use?

Do you think i should get away!!

• Total voters

_jetset_

Visit site
Now I have two I seem to be spending my whole time mucking out etc... I have noticed that a few people on here have their horses on half/full livery, or at least have someone to turn out etc for them if they are running late etc. So I thought I would put up a poll...

_jetset_

Visit site
Having a few problems at the moment because we don't have anyone on our yard to bring in/turn out so panicking a bit about what will happen if I am ill with my two girls, or get stuck on a motorway etc.

Lottie7

Visit site
Used to have one on part livery and one on DIY. Have now moved them and have them both back on DIY. They are both very happy but, what with working 12 hour nights (inc commuting) I have no time or energy to ride. Not a good situation and I need to sort something before winter. Don't exactly have many options though.....

the watcher

Visit site
I have 2, soon to be 3 when one of my loaners comes back, fortunately they are all still out 24/7 at the moment. I am fully DIY.
I do share with a great bunch of people though and we all help each other out by doing feeds and turnout for each other, or grooming for each other at events, so it is a real team atmosphere.

I have done 3 horses completely by myself on a yard in the past and it was not fun, so I have traded independence for a bit more mutual support

miamibear

Visit site
I have my horse on DIY. I couldnt afford to have him on anything else plus i quite enjoy the mucking out and jobs, i get satisfaction from it. Wierd i know!!

I have a good arrangement with my 2 friends, we try to do things for eachother, cover when one of us cant be there etc but the YO is good and would do it for me if i couldnt get down.

I think im going to have to pay someone to turn mine out mid afternoon later on this year when they stop going out for full days and start only having a couple of hours a day. Just change rugs and turn out, i will bring back in when i get down but im not sure how this winter TO is going to work yet.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I am on DIY but my friends turns out and brings in for me as i work too far away to do it. Plus if she turns her to out or brings them in then mine would be on her own and probably go bananas.

Rambo

Visit site
I've put Full Livery, but technically it's Par Livery. My horses are mucked out, watered, fed and turned out for me 7 days a week. I do all the riding, grooming and tack cleaning
grin.gif