What sort of livery do you use?

Ever get the feeling we're the only ones playing this now?

• Total voters

_jetset_

Visit site
Now I have two I seem to be spending my whole time mucking out etc... I have noticed that a few people on here have their horses on half/full livery, or at least have someone to turn out etc for them if they are running late etc. So I thought I would put up a poll...

TequilaMist

Visit site
Yard we are on is total diy,owned by a farmer.We do everything ourselves,daughter turns out before school and goes up afterwards to muck out.Liveries all usually help one another out tho as there are times when we all need help due to unforeseen circumstances.

princesskelly

Visit site
i pay to have have poppy turned out and mucked out. then i finish off evening and ride. otherwise poor poppy would be turned out at 3.30 in the morning.
crazy.gif

sorona

Visit site
I keep mine at grass 24/7 but have stable if needed too. I certainly couldnt manage to keep 5 horses stabled time wise and ride them or work with them as well. Poo picking takes enough time as it is. Luckily there are people around who can help out if necessarily

MillionDollar

Visit site
Same here! Although im not at a livery yard, my family owns a farm so have lots of land, lol, but yeh my 5 are out 24/7 and i couldn't have them all in! Im lucky enough in the winter to have a huge barn for the horses to go in which i deep litter so only have to poo pick and give ad lib hay. And of course straw and hay is also free, lol.

Weezy

Visit site
I am on DIY again now, but I have an arrangement with another girl - I turn hers out in a morning and she brings mine in in the evening - I do my bed, hay up and prepare feeds in the morning so all she has to do is bring in, pick feet and give him his feed - then another livery feeds everything in a morning as she is there at 7am!

RachelB

Visit site
We pair up on our yard (DIY) so we always have someone to help. YO is there if we need help as well (at a price though). So far though, I've been away for a week and left my friend doing my horse, but she hasn't been on holiday this year! So I feel a bit guilty... but (I hope!) she knows she can just ask if she needs me to do hers! The yard has worked like this for a long time, and 99.9% of the time it is a really good arrangement.

emerald2006

Visit site
i am on part livery so i only go up in the evening mon-fri then i do her on the weekends. she gets turned out, mucked out inc hay and water, bought in and legs washed if muddy, rugs changed and hay put in at about half4. if i wanted i could also ask the ayrd to make the feeds and feed her however i like to do that when i get there from work. and then on the weekends i do everything but occascialny have her bought in on a sat/sun afternoon if i am grooming or teaqching

Soph83

Visit site
<span style="color:purple"> I run a yard with a friend. We rent it and have some liveries.
Our DIY livery includes breakfast, turn out, bring in and rug change 7days a week. If you want your horse mucked out then it is £5 per day extra.
We have a groom that breakfasts, changes rugs and turns out during the week of a morning and mucks out my 2 and my friends 2. My friend and I then bring them all in and change their rugs of an evening.

We take it turns to do the morning/evening shift of a weekend and muck out our own. </span>

Eliza120280

Visit site
I have my horse on DIY livery at a friends house, really good as we all muck in and help each other out. Me and the other livery do the morning shift of feeding six horses (I have one horse, the other livery has two), mucking out and then turning out. The YO then brings them in, rugs changed and does the teas for them. Works well as the YO has a small child so it helps her a massive amount and the bonus for me and the other livery is that it is cheap - we just pay for what we use straw and haylage wise - the YO doesnt do it to make a profit! And she provides cups of tea and fresh toast in a morning when we're done mucking out!!!
laugh.gif