what stallion should i use for .. showjumper foal...

aed

Visit site
any advice iv a vechta x flagmount diamond ish mare, my mares 17 or 17.1 hh civil but loads a go... great jump.. didnt compete her yet ..due to my injury so off for a year from the riding scene. so was gona put her in foal.. was thinking of ahhh . loadsa confusion.....here.. thinking of a cruising stallion.. but seem to be thin on the ground for a good un.. also thinking of some diament de semilly bllod lines... what to do... she s got the hieght so dont want to end up with a over sized lanky offsring .. my mares 5yrs. shes built well loves to hunt, related to billy congo,, etc etc.. shes dark bay nice short back and has power.

Last edited:

eventrider23

Visit site
Brendon stud have a 5 yr old who might suit. Called Fabrice van Overis Z he is by For Pleasure out of a Diamant de Semilly x Darco mare. He's a real powerhouse of a horse and his jump is pretty special. Given his pedigree and who he is being produced by then I would be shocked if he isn't a success.

eventrider23

Visit site
Seabiscuit - She said she didn't want something overheight and so I suggested Fabrice as yes he is small BUT his foals so far haven't been and his pedigree certainly isn't and so his height is probably just him.

It also depends on your budget who you choose....

Other suggestions without knowing your budget would be....

Diarado - gives you the Diamant blood
Jaguar Mail - he is actually going to be in the UK this summer for a bit so for a rare chance you would be able to go meet him and use fresh semen even.
Aristio - a young Arko son who I saw recently at SSGB and he is class!!! Will be doing great things for sure. (There is of course also Arko)
Also have a look at the Billy Stallions and also who they are crossing with their Vechta offspring and see if there is anything you like.

These are of course only a couple but myself and others could suggest others if you maybe gives some details such as your budget, etc and if fresh/chilled or frozen is needed.

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Love the Diament De Semilly stamp.

Brendon Stud still have frozen available from his Grand Prix son Don VHP who is a good big stamp of a horse with plenty of scope
http://www.brendonpyecombe.co.uk/brendonstud/Don.asp

Or from the same sire line, a stallion that i always like when I see him compete is Je T'Aime Flamenco
http://pewitstud.com/index.php?page=display&key=YHqaOWz4

Diarado at Schockemhole is probably too small for you but he has scope to burn and an amazing temperament and I love his stock, although they are all still young.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Blimey, we have made it to six posts and no one has told the OP, not to breed from her own mare, that's a first judging by some of the recent threads about breeding a foal for pleasure and our own use.

I would not know a decent showjumping sire if it stood on my foot, but good luck in whatever you use OP.

elijahasgal

Visit site
Zenturio, international grade A, at findon stud. Stands 16.1hh, and a total gent. Have had 3 myself and know another to handle regually, all easy, though sensative, and all very very loving. First I bred I couldnt bear to part with for anything, though am going to let a friend produce her for me.

Asha

Visit site
Have a look at Zanzibar. Hes at old lodge stud now.

He stamps his stock well, all have good easy going temperaments, and all seem to jump too.

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Blimey, we have made it to six posts and no one has told the OP, not to breed from her own mare, that's a first judging by some of the recent threads about breeding a foal for pleasure and our own use.

I would not know a decent showjumping sire if it stood on my foot, but good luck in whatever you use OP.

LOL. I think thats because none of the suggestions are really based on anything. The OP mentioned she liked DDS and so she got some names thrown at her of horses carrying that bloodline.
If anyone was to give a serious thought out suggestion they would have asked a lot more questions about the mare and the OP's aims and objectives first

aed

Visit site
Thanks all so much for your replys. Im based in ireland so i was also consudering the cruising line.. Micky finn as blood line good.. Not too sure how it mix postivly with my mare blood line.. I got price off emerald by dds. Hes a stunner..1500. Frozen... And flexible... 1500 to frozen... Oh the advice about jtaime fleminco... I was speaking to a vet involved he said ifmymare that big that stallion breeds them very big.. Maybe id not be to happy with result... I did do love flamenco
still.he said guidam junior would be better. Soooooooo.... Ahhhhhh... Im falling if a cliff! Lol .i want to keep hieght to max 17.2 if poss.. And good temperment.. Bita soeed and huge jump.. My mare is comfirmatioally correct.. Nice shao and mivements anloves to jump has green book was gona take her to mare grading here think in march. I was hoping to. budget down if possible.. Thinking stallion thats still preforming.. Doing really well and lloking like he will be a star!! graded rated ..registerd stallion...oh with plen
ty of well preforming
foals ...young horses.. So hmmmm its a big big decision..want todo it right when i am doing it. Soo maybe im on the wring blood lines.. Pacion died feww weeks ago. So decison made for me there.

aed

Visit site
Sorry about spelling issues... Got new phone.. So all my messages are bungled... I ll get used to it .. Hopefully..

eventrider23

Visit site
If you're in Ireland you have a wealth of lovely boys to choose from with the likes of Lissava, Kedrah and others out there.

Cobra was recently fully life approved and is still very popular so there is him

For the Diamant de Semilly blood Lissava have the young stallions Everton (Diarado x Kojak x Sovereign Bill) and Lalique (Diamant de Semilly x Cruising x Clover Hill). I don't know much about these two but simply on breeding, Lalique will give you both the Diamant and the Cruising blood you like!

There is also of course Russel at Lissava.

Kedrah have the gorgeous Lux Z and Ricardo Z.

And these are just two of the studs out there. There is a FB page called Irish Horse Breeders that is full of discussions with the Irish breeders and who to use, etc so maybe join on there and they will be able to steer you right.

christine48

Visit site
If you're in Ireland you have a wealth of lovely boys to choose from with the likes of Lissava, Kedrah and others out there.

Cobra was recently fully life approved and is still very popular so there is him

For the Diamant de Semilly blood Lissava have the young stallions Everton (Diarado x Kojak x Sovereign Bill) and Lalique (Diamant de Semilly x Cruising x Clover Hill). I don't know much about these two but simply on breeding, Lalique will give you both the Diamant and the Cruising blood you like!

There is also of course Russel at Lissava.

Kedrah have the gorgeous Lux Z and Ricardo Z.

And these are just two of the studs out there. There is a FB page called Irish Horse Breeders that is full of discussions with the Irish breeders and who to use, etc so maybe join on there and they will be able to steer you right.

Lisseva stud certainly have some very good stallions and their prices for scanning etclook reasonable. I'd never heard of them but definitely on my radar now, thank you event rider23

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Lissava are really good people to deal with as well. All my foals have been Lissava stallion babies bar my very first one. Give them a call and go and have a visit.

Terri

Eothain

Visit site
If you live near where Pacino stood then you're not too far from Drumhowan Stud and their exceptionally reasonable prices.
Ringfort Cruise ... Cruising X Nimmerdor. A performance heavy damline including Renkum Englishman and Ringfort, himself won a Nations Cup. €600

The good folks in Lissava have Lalique who was already mentioned but I'm not sure if he's covering yet or not.
Diamant X Cruising. Damline produced the international horses Rincoola Abu and Rincoola Go Deo (Good luck to our English friends pronouncing them. It's good to stick in the cupla focal as Gaeilge anois agus arís!!)
That damline has also produced Coco Chic who competed in Lanaken last year along with Lalique, as well as jumping in several 1.40m classes. It's also produced the extremely promising mare Rincoola Rua by ... Diamant!!

How much blood has your mare got? I'm not sure if either Lalique when he starts covering or Ringfort Cruise, are going to add a whole pile of blood to the mix.
Everton might be worth having a looksie at in Lissava. Diarado as a sire and the amazing pedigree he has to come with it. Hell, I'm down with the kids, I'll say it ... Diarado's pedigree is ... wait for it ... totes amazeballs! Everton also has Kojak and the TB Sovereign Bill in hiss pedigree too. Lovely job! He may only be a 4 year old but he's one who I'm really looking forward to seeing out and about.

Bahrain Cruise and Cruise On are no bad horses either to be fair to them. They just didn't get the mare quality to leave any real impression on the ISH overall and yet Cruise On has sired a 4* Eventer and the mare that Cian won the 6/7 Year Old Classic on in Cavan last year. Castelanna, exported to the States now and competing well in 7 year old classes. I think she won one already this year. He's also the dam-sire of Gatsby, by Simba, who won the Derby in Florida last week.
Mickey Finn will be an interesting horse to follow. Again though, despite being Cruising X Sky Boy, I get the impression you'd need a bit of blood going to him as well

aed

Visit site
This blinkingg phone!! Yep . Been in contact with harry aird about micky finn a lovely helpful man. I called the centre in ireland for the frozen. They say has been there 3 years.. So not sure if i chance it. Harry had lovly young stallion called cruising in the dark. A cruisingx darco.. But he s just got gelded..yes i thought of harelquinn de c... He still on list..

aed

Visit site
Cobra... Isnt his dad volitaire.. Thats my mares grandad thro vechta. So no use. iv to look up fabrice to have a gawp at his profile. Hard to get cruising blood.. I think.. What about hounor cruise???any reports? Dromhown stud are great very helpful they getting 2new top preforming stallionss in april. So iv to call then to get names end narch r so.contract are still proceeeding at mo. So what
wouldou call size wise to big. For foal to grow to.. For jumping I love the 17..1r2ss. Flamenco frozen handler said he breed them very big.. Any way thanks for all advice.

Simsar

Visit site
If you want Cruising blood why not look at the newly Zangersheide graded Olympic Cruz (Cruising x Clover Hill x Sky Boy)?

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Cobra is by Cathargo Z/Landgraf/Cor De La Breyre. He's 17.1 I believe and throws big foals.

If you are in Ireland the best thing you can actually do is go around and see some of these stallions.

Terri

aed

Visit site
:)gona check out cobra. yes i will get out to see some stallions its just at the moment iv a bad knee injury so cant do much as in... nothing!!! drivein me nuts but thats life... so in at end of this month i ll get the other half to chauffeaur me around some studs to have a viewing , was planning to go the the stallion show on in cavan eqestrian centre it s on in the next week or two but id not be fit to go .. the crutches are not the most nimble things to be on!!! thanks all for your help . i got an email back from the yard where olympic cruise is 700 euro for frozen.

no_no_nanette

Visit site
700 euros seems a bit on the expensive side to me, depending on the terms offered for frozen. He has got a cracking pedigree, but no offspring on the ground as yet, and he's only just been approved by Zangersheide, so needs time to prove himself as a sire and as a competitor .... The wonderful Clintissimo Z is only 750 euros, and already has a significant competition record and has bred some very impressive youngsters!

aed

Visit site
anyone know anything about diamond graaf.. a grade A showjumper ireland.. by bergraaf.. 17.1.. 2004 stud fee 350 euro ..l but think he may be related by grand father to my mare have to check it out. looks gorgous in pics good jump .not sure if reg with hsi stallion .. he a natural covering though.
i like the look of him cant find out much though .. read that his sire bergraaf blood mixes well with furiosso xx blood , thorugh stallions like volitaire etc.. volitaire is my mare granddad. just a thought good price asn nice stallion, he young yet .. not premier or anything.
im gona email stud to ask few questions. maybe take a whizz down see him.

mellissa

Visit site
Second lissava stud.

I bred a Cobra out of a Pachat II mare - by god it's stunning. The mare is a fat old tank- but with the movement and Jump from heaven- the cobra filly is amazing.

By contrast my Super Trooper de Ness youngster is ugly in the head and short in the leg, but jumps like I have never seen and has a temperament to die for.

What I am trying to say is the Cobra filly in contrast to her brother is beautiful. Should think it jumps but I have sold her to a very reputable jumping stud, so don't see her very often.

Got mare in foal first time. Would use him again and Jo and Anne Marie knew my mares pedigree so well they advised me which stallion to use- and spend much time talking to me.

I have some pictures somewhere if you want some x