What tastes foul to horses

rockysmum

Visit site
Cribbox for starters, it sometimes works.

I would be more concerned about why she has started doing this. Its often a sign of stress or other problems.

iconique

Visit site
I'd check your horse isn't a mustard liker before you paint it, we have a youngster that chewed her mums tail as a foal, so we tried everything including mustard and chilli powder(extra hot) problem being, the little beggar loved the hot taste and still does!!

Cribbox and failing that we've found Vicks vapour rub works a treat!

abitodd

www.musicfordressage.net
I use a variety of methods to try and protect my fence posts.
1) Melt vaseline in an old saucepan and mix in extra hot chilli. Use this paste on the posts. Its waterproof so stays put for ages.
2)Spray posts with horrid cheap perfume.
3) Place,or smear if you are brave, a dollop of poo on the post.
4) Keep in with local fencing contractor and replace damaged posts.:rolleyes:

NoltonSeaShell

Visit site
Holidays_are_coming ~ My tb cribs on everything single piece of wood going, tried everything to coat the wood but she would just carry on. Recently i've started using anti-suck and shes loads better, it neutralizes the acid in the belly, which can cause ulcers etc! Its worked really well for us :D

Merrymoles

Visit site
The stud groom where I worked 20-odd years ago used to use lard - cheap and they didn't like it!
Not sure how good it is for them but don't imagine some of the other remedies are that healthy either and it's not a problem if they are not going to eat it. Just remember where you put it though as lard is not pretty on your coat...

JenHunt

Visit site
firstly - make sure she's getting plenty of fibre and get her checked for ulcers

secondly - we were told by an old nagsman to use old engine oil (ask a garage for a litre or so) and paint that on the bit she's eating!

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
Thanks Jen she is getting adlib fibre and must be eating at least 15kg of fibre a day, and she only weighs 500kg, she has a nice grassy field, with hay out too!!! She lets me know if her ulcers are hurting, she gets mild colic!

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll try them tomorrow