What the heck is Horse and Hound Editor's Choice?

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
I got home to a letter from Eventing magazine telling me that Eventing was folding (which I already knew but :-( anyway), but that my subscription will be transferred to Horse and Hound Editor's Choice instead.

Can you lovely people tell me what Horse and Hound Editor's Choice is, please? I want to know if it's worth waiting for the first issue before I get all stroppy and decide to ask for the rest of my subscription money back instead.

Thanks!

Domirati

Visit site
I got home to a letter from Eventing magazine telling me that Eventing was folding (which I already knew but :-( anyway), but that my subscription will be transferred to Horse and Hound Editor's Choice instead.

Can you lovely people tell me what Horse and Hound Editor's Choice is, please? I want to know if it's worth waiting for the first issue before I get all stroppy and decide to ask for the rest of my subscription money back instead.

Thanks!

Exactly what I thought. Bit annoyed they have not just sent my money back rather than telling me I will be getting a substitute. No idea what it is either

Doris68

Visit site
Same here! I already subscribe to H&H (on a rolling basis), so I'm not sure how I'll get my Eventing sub "added" to my H&H one..!? This has been handled very badly. Money back is really the only answer!

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
Thanks, both. I'm with Domirati in that I think it's more than cheeky to substitute something without offering a refund. If I'd ordered a steak in a restaurant I wouldn't expect them to serve me fish because the steak wasn't available any more, without at least consulting me first.

I'll probably wait for the first edition of the Editor's Choice, but more because I'm lazy than because I'm happy. Mind you, my June Eventing hasn't turned up yet, either.

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
Sorry not to include you in my last reply, Doris68, we must have posted simultaneously. Are you going to make contact (the details were at the bottom of the letter, iirc)?

MrSpam

Visit site
Can you lovely people tell me what Horse and Hound Editor's Choice is, please?

I understood from the letter (but have thrown it so may be wrong), that the editor's choice was one H&H a month instead of all the weekly issues so 12 magazines a year instead of 52. I have cancelled my subscription immediately as I also have a H&H subscription.

glamourpuss

Visit site
Editors choice is one H&H a month, basically the one the Editor deems 'the best'
No good to you if you already subscribe to H&H.

I'm fuming I only took out an Eventing subscription in March!! Surely they must've known this was likely to happen.
I called & asked for my money back, it was supposed to be returned within 7 days....that was nearly 2 weeks ago [sigh]

Doris68

Visit site
Sorry not to include you in my last reply, Doris68, we must have posted simultaneously. Are you going to make contact (the details were at the bottom of the letter, iirc)?

I guess I will write to them. They probably think they can get away with this and I don't see why they should. We should all ask for our money back!