What to do with rug bags?

Chianti

Visit site
Over the past few years I've bought far too many rugs and they've all come in a nice bag. These are now stacked in the garage and I'd really like to get rid of them. I've tried posting them for free collection on Facebook but haven't had any luck passing them on. Anyone got any bright ideas what I can do with them? It's seems awful just to send them to landfill.

Northern Hare

Visit site
Over the past few years I've bought far too many rugs and they've all come in a nice bag. These are now stacked in the garage and I'd really like to get rid of them. I've tried posting them for free collection on Facebook but haven't had any luck passing them on. Anyone got any bright ideas what I can do with them? It's seems awful just to send them to landfill.

I was the same, but when I sold all my horse stuff they came in handy for when I sent the rugs off, it was nice to send them off in zipped rug bags. Not suggesting you should sell all your stuff, but if you were to sell any of your old rugs then they'd come in handy! ?

Chianti

Visit site
No need to dispose of bags here.?
When my rugs are washed at the end of the winter / summer season they are put away in their bags for storage.

I don't use them - the rugs live in garden storage boxes and take up less room if they're not in the bags.

Horseysheepy

Visit site
I store rugs back in them for the coming winter. But if I have any surplus bags, they are very useful for storing items such as haynets, numnahs, spare leg straps, fly masks, chaps, gloves, anything really to protect from the mice!
I once gave my mum a couple, for storing bed linen.

Starzaan

Visit site
I fold all my rugs into their bags and flip the labels round inside so I can write on them whose rug it is and what weight. Then they stack beautifully and take up a lot less space.

Fieldlife

Visit site
Where are you? Maybe someone on here is local?

I’ve acquired many rug bags over the years (without necessarily buying new rugs) I think on yards are sometimes just discarded.

Or post them all to me ?

Alibear

Visit site
Like others, I keep the not currently in use rugs in them and they stack nicely in or outside of the containers. The infrequently used ones are stored on a shelf in the rug room in their bags. Also useful when packing for shows etc.

black and brown

Visit site
Maybe put them on other sites for goods offered for free (can't think of their names off the top of my head,sorry). A picture of them containing duvets,clothes etc may help non-horsey people visualise how much you can pack in. Similar storage bags sold in Lakeland or John Lewis are ridiculously expensive

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
My dogs’ med kit is in one in the utility room. If you’re on a yard, I bet they’d like some, or speak to a rug cleaning service, they’d bite your hand off for them, I reckon.