What to expect first lesson

RainbowB

Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Just wondered what to expect from my first riding lesson, I've had a few lessons in the past but felt I should start right at beginners. I'm going to Checkendon Equestrian Centre on Thursday, so if anyone has been there before please could you give me an idea what to expect?

Thanks for you help and fingers crossed I don't fall off although OH is bringing the video camera just in case
frown.gif

GTs

Visit site
For the first lesson I would not expect you jumping higher than 3 foot maybe 4 if you progress well. I am sure there will be plenty of trot, canters, turns to begin with.

sunflower

Visit site
Ooohhhh, yes, I ride there and I love it. You'll have to fill in a rider registration form (the office is the building to the right as you face the yard form the car park - if there's no-one there, there will be on the yard) and then they'll bring your horse out to one of the mounting blocks and the instructor will probably ask about how much riding etc you have done. They're all really nice there and the horses are gorgeous. Feel free to PM me if you want to know anything else.

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
Checkendon are good, just up the road from me. Good reputation along with Hall Place in Tilehurst, wouldnt touch any others in this area!

My friend is doing her exams and works up there. You will be fine, they wont push you to do anything you are not ready for!!

ENJOY!!

RainbowB

Visit site
Thank you to everyone who has replied! SF I've sent you a reply PM.
It's nice to know they are recommended, I looked around a couple of places but I was so impressed with Checkendon I don't mind driving 1hr 30mins there, also my parents live out that way!
Thanks for the info GTs I will definitely take my stunt double for those jumps lol
grin.gif