What to use on saddle sores (human)

sallyg

Visit site
As title really. I've lost a considerable amount of weight and am finding bones I didn't know I had.... Am now getting a bit saddle sore after my lessons over my right seat bone. What is the best thing to use to treat this? I've heard of surgical spirit to harden the skin but this is to get rid of the sore first. They're like a red graze. Thanks

PorkChop

Visit site
I sometimes get these, I tend to slap on some Sudocrem, but then I do use it for anything and everything :eek:

Congratulations on the weight loss :)

Last edited:

TarrSteps

Visit site
Compeed blister plasters :D

Otherwise known as hydrocolloid dressings - my new favourite wound dressing! If the skin is raw/broken they are the absolute bomb because they protect, help promote healing and take away pain. The trick is to get them VERY smooth and then leave them on for 3-7 days. I have to say I've never used them for seat bones but I have used them for the insides of my knees and they are great. Creams etc are all very well but a bit of a mess!!

Auslander

Visit site
Back in the mists of time (I think I was 17), I walked into the tackroom at work to find Marietta Fox-Pitt with a large tub of udder cream in one hand, and the other hand inserted in her pants!! Apparently it is brilliant for saddle sores, but with that image burned onto my retinas, I haven't ever been able to bring myself to try it!