What to wear?

Pippity

Visit site
I'm looking at the possibility of doing a little bit of competing with the horses I ride - showing, dressage, some wee jumping comps - but only at a very local level. (They're RDA horses that I exercise, so their prime purpose is to be absolutely reliable, rather than competition stars!)

Is it possible to wear the same clothes for everything? If so, what?

I'm assuming white/beige jodhs, but am I okay with brown jodh boots or should I look at getting tall boots? Black or brown? Jacket-wise, am I best getting black or tweed, and can I wear the same for everything?

Lolo

Visit site
At local level, you can wheel the same outfit out for absolutely everything (which my sister does- she competes up to BE100, and does a bit of everything).

She wears pale jods (canary, but cream/ white/ beige are fine), shirt and tie/ stockshirt and stock (either is fine!), boots and gaiters (£15 ones off eBay, her's are brown), tweed jacket (but black/ blue would do), gloves and a skull cap with a plain silk.

As long as you've made an effort, it doesn't matter :)

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
I'd think a tweed jacket would be more versatile as you can wear that for showing and jumping classes.

Short boots should be fine, but why not try and look for some leather gaiters to wear with them.