What towing vehicles?

NOISYGIRL2

Visit site
Personally would stick with something meant for the job, I don't think a car would compare personally, but depends on what you are towing I suppose

holeymoley

Visit site
The Skoda estate seems to come up top for an estate towing car but then it would have to be a single trailer and a small horse. I used a focus estate with top of the range engine and specs to pull my single with a pony. Would never have done tracks or off roads though, purely tarmac. I have a 4 x 4 now!

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
We tow one horse in a 403 with a Mercedes e-class 220 estate - it’s absolutely fine. I wouldn’t go on a muddy field with it but it copes with pot holes, hills, motorways etc with no problems. The total weight of horse plus trailer is well inside its towing limit, and it’s still got plenty of acceleration if needed.

lialls

Visit site
We tow with a Volkeswagen Touareg (14 plate and also had an 06 plate) and love it as a day to day vehicle and also for towing but if you were looking for something a little lower down the scale on price we've also had a Hyundai Santa Fe (had a few over the years, most recently 08 plate), it's been great for towing and as a general day to day car but it's a little boring compared to the Tourareg!