what type of comps with hairy gypsy cob?

clairefeekerry1

Visit site
got a horse on loan to compete for a year. he's totally not my normal type but its a great opportunity and loads of fun. just what i need at the moment. benefits me and his owner as i want to have some competitve fun after my current horse has been retired due to inury and loan horse owner wants him to get out more. he is what i'd call a gypsy cob. so lots of mane and fether but not tonnes of bone. he is amazingly well schooled. currently winning aff novice everytime out and has BD points. very agile for his type and size and has all the moves! current owner has only done BD with him and won everything- no pressure for me then!! she has dabbled in coloured classes with him and won but i was wondering whether he'd be able to do any working hunter or similar? he has a huge pop on him. would he be able to do any other classes other than coloured with a full mane and fethers. he's quite light weight so he's not to be hogged.
so will continuie with the BD and aim to move him up but was also thinking of other stuff i could do with him. ODE maybe??? any ideas welcome. there is a clause in the loan agreement that his long flowing mane is to stay!!

Pidgeon

Visit site
Sis has a heavyweight hairy cob who also does extremely well in dressage, only unaff, but wins championships at prelim and novice :)
She also competes in ridden cob classes and in in hand cob classes too.
I think we need a pic to see what he looks like though? :)

Newlands

Visit site
He sounds lovely, if he can dressage that well then you have lots of options, with showing- ridden/ in hand cobs/coloured, ode, eventers challenge, le trek, ht and even better very nearly hunting season!

LBertie Wooster

Visit site
My friends gypsy boc went Intrmediate PC (3ft3) and the same sj. he also did Intro BE with her aswell as dressage and showing! :) Efore that one they had one that did extremely well at BD dressage :) They can do anything!

clairefeekerry1

Visit site
thank you.
i feel i need to utilise his jump a bit more. he easily clears a short course of rustic 1m10 jumps. would he be able to do MM workers or something? tho suppose he's not MM. dont suppose i could enter him in normal workers. he'd look a bit odd compared to all the others!!

Newlands

Visit site
I take my maxi cob in workers, sometimes they have a cob section but it sounds like he jumps brilliantly too, you are spoilt for choice. Some places have coloured workers too.

clairefeekerry1

Visit site
I take my maxi cob in workers, sometimes they have a cob section but it sounds like he jumps brilliantly too, you are spoilt for choice. Some places have coloured workers too.

yes, coloured workers sounds ideal!!

see, owner wants to sell him as a more rounded educated horse in 12 months time rather than a pure BD home that he has at present. he rarely even hacks out at mo. its just pure BD so plan is i can have some fun for 12 months and he can compete at new things and owner can then sell him to a lovely home for an amount of money i can only dream off!!!xx