What was I thinking ... Nearly sold him!

Antw23uk

Visit site
*HAPPY POST WARNING*

I've owned my ISH for four years, he was exactly what I needed to gain my confidence back and he was definitely a 'right place, right time' horse, previously being a masters hunt horse he ticked all the boxes, brought word of mouth before he hit the market. Very lucky me I know, he is the elusive unicorn horse everyone wants!

My mare came along a year and a bit ago and although it wasn't love at first sight, she soon took over as the best thing since slice bread. Green, smaller, not as talented but we just clicked and have the most fantastic time together to the point that my gelding very much fell to one side and became the horse my sharers or friends would ride or he would sit in a field doing nothing. I really fell out of love with riding him and I posted on here a while ago about trying to decide to sell him or not! I didnt and I've been on and off thinking about selling him this year and when a friend mentioned him to a friend of a friend they were very keen to come and try him and I agreed two weeks ago to a viewing. I then realised I had better actually get on him, have a few flatwork lessons and get him ready for the viewing which was today (god I hope they arent on here reading this, I'm so sorry)

Anyway we've kind of had this light bulb moment over the last couple of weeks and I just cant believe I have been so out of love with riding him (he's perfect on the ground, I love him as a 'pet') so I decided at the weekend not to go through with the viewing and today I popped him in the trailer and took him to the local XC venue for a play just because I could and for the hell of it. He is such a dude, he really is perfect in every way and I now just cant wait to crack on and have more fun again and enjoy both my super awesome horses.

So if you got this far, some pics :) excuse my position and how gruby he is. I can fling my mare round XC no problem but he does make me nervous for some reason which I know I will get over easily with more practice :)

43651213234_828c02bd03_k.jpg

44367719391_393cc7e1a0_k.jpg

44367722021_ce7e977e09_k.jpg

44319227532_626c659df7_k.jpg

44319230062_268ca919d7_k.jpg

43651217454_7de2475940_z.jpg

44367721231_8c5e91f231_z.jpg

And for good measure the other light of my life at RC Camp this year :D

43103478875_a9fc8a2a53_b.jpg

30140969588_1c2e9467f4_b.jpg

JJS

Visit site
What a gorgeous pair! I'm so happy to hear that you've fallen back in love with riding him :)

oldie48

Visit site
He looks fab! I hacked out with a friend this afternoon and she was riding a horse that she tried to sell some years ago. He didn't sell and she is so pleased to still have him as he's a real school master. She's having a hip replacement next week and he'll be the first one she sits on as she knows she can trust him completely. (Actually, I'm wondering if I can borrow him whilst she's off games to take out to compete as my horse is a bit unpredicatable in the warm up and I've lost my nerve!!)

Visit site
They're both beautiful! I love that last photo of you on the grey though. He looks such a fun pony! Hope you enjoy them both, they look awesome.

Antw23uk

Visit site
Thank you. He is really fun, such a confidence giving schoolmaster type. He will do pony rides for the whole family when we have them over for BBQ's in the summer and loves it but then he would step up with an experienced rider round a course of jumps etc. :)

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I have a safe grey I nearly sold as well! I bought him as a 4YO because he was so reassuringly calm, after LC, who has always been a pocket rocket. Eventually I decided he was a bit too placid and he went on trial for a week when he was 5. Went to a show the same weekend with a young girl. Jumped 2 clears, placed in one class, stood quietly with loopy reins in between classes. When they asked for 3MONTHS I told them to eff off and I'd have him back, thank you very much. How much more did they expect him to do?? So glad I didn't sell him now. I can put ANYONE on him

Bernster

Visit site
Isn’t it funny - a bit like when someone fancies your man and you think hang on, maybe he’s a bit of alright after all ��

MrsMurs

Visit site
So.pleased you kept him.
I bought my gelding before he went to market .... luckily. He's absolutely super. He's taking me round xc, dressage, sj. I'm doing things I only dreamt of doing, even though I'm a nervous ninny. He's my first horse, my horse of a lifetime, and at only 8 he's with me for life.

Some horses are meant to be in your life. The definitely choose you.

Last edited: