what woudl you reccomend for a .....

Malibu

Visit site
What would you reccomend for ..........
a tbxhanoverian living in at night. He is working elementary/medium at home and is being lightly competed ie unafil dressage once or twice a month. He has a hard and sweaty lesson once a week. He is not going to the gallops but to the beach once a week. No jumping.

I feel his feed is ok but i just need that special something.

He gets feedmark garlic and NAF magic, feedmark benevit and super joint supplement. I am happy with his supplments

But i am just fed up up - i want to stick with alfafa a oil as i really liek that but thr allen and page calm and condition is not cutting it for me.

Ru can be on his toes but is not crazy. I just need that spark really! what woudl you reccomend
confused.gif

KatB

Visit site
Take him off the NAF magic? If he needs a bit more spark, seems silly to change his feed to something with more energy when he is on something to relax him?

Malibu

Visit site
katb- i use the magic calmer as a long term calmer, is certainly works to take that edge off of him as he can gain a couple of inches - he does really go on toes BUT i dont feel the calma nd condition is doing anogh for his condition! that what i am looking for

KatB

Visit site
Oh ok! Sorry though you were talking about spark, not condition more broadly!
crazy.gif

Hmm, difficult one, try Topspec conditioning flakes? Or alot of people are recommending the soaked oat diet?

Tempi

Visit site
hi hun, i really wouldnt change his feed as you dont ride him that much at the moment. i know you will be when you break up from school, but currently hes probably not very fit and once his fitness gets better he will have that 'spark' that you are looking for.

IMO calm&condition is brilliant, Archie is on it and its working really well for him.

Tempi

Visit site
hun, just to reiterate (and dont take this the wrong way as you know you're my friend!!!!!) but his condition isnt going to develop until you start riding him daily, the calm and condition wont give him condition just from him being out in the field and in his stable. Id really wait until you break up from school and ride him daily for a month then you will see the calm and condition working.

Archie is already getting great muscle behind more than i couldve hoped for in just 2weeks on the calm and condition. hes worked daily tho for a minumum of 45mins a day which is what Ru needs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (i know he cant get that when you are at school tho and i know its hard for you)

Tempi

Visit site
the dressage mix Bloss is on (see you're choosing all the good ones!!
grin.gif
) its a ceral so imo its going to make him too fizzy. please stick to the calm and condition for a while!! Ru sounds like Archie and id never ever dream of giving archie a cereal based feed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he'd probably kill me!
crazy.gif