what would you buy from ebay?

Do you find that weird that anyone could dislike others on here?

• Total voters

MagicMelon

Visit site
I buy anything from Ebay, mainly brand names but sometimes not - depends what it is! If its something important like XC boots then Ill always buy a decent brand name but if its something like a neck cover (last thing I bought) then sometimes the unbranded ones are better!

jayvee

Visit site
I have in the past bought a pair of sports medicine boots labelled second hand and only worn twice or summin. They were like brand new when I got them. Was a lucky bargain bid as won them for £11.00 no kiddin! RRP is like £60+
Worth a look on ebay you never know.
Have to say though, I only go for what I know I am after and prefer good brand names as you kinda know what to expect on the purchase.

the watcher

Visit site
saddles, strap goods, rugs, rider clothing, wormer..even my trailer was bought on ebay and I sell all kinds of stuff too when it outlives its usefulness for me. don't care about makes and labels (except on saddles when it gives me some idea of quality)

the watcher

Visit site
I bought my clippers on ebay, the feedback was good and they came with 2 sets of blades..£150 or so, they have been going well for a year now.

As long as the seller has good feedback and there is no small print (not tested, etc) then I think you will be fine

Halfstep

Visit site
Thanks! I've got my eye on a set, which hopefully will not get too expensive. Ebay makes me nervous for anything other than small amounts of money, but it is soooooo much cheaper than buying from a main dealers.

airedale

Visit site
certainly not a saddle or expensive bridle as I always think that those 'bargains' are merely benefitting from the misfortune of the person the saddle/bridle has been stolen from.............

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
certainly not a saddle or expensive bridle as I always think that those 'bargains' are merely benefitting from the misfortune of the person the saddle/bridle has been stolen from.............

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree in some cases, but I know when trying to sell second hand saddles, the saddlers are reluctant as their 2nd hand trade has been hit by ebay and selling locally you could put a notice up for 6 moths and still not have a buyer. On ebay it goes in a week and you can replace it..of course the prices are lower but you are selling to a wider buying public.

I tend to avoid buying from people who appear to be general dealers and know very little about the saddle, or say they are selling for a friend

Stella

Visit site
I'm reluctant about rugs because I've bought two turnouts from ebay that didn't fit the horse well and the hassle of sending them back, combined with the cost of postage to me and then to return, makes it an expensive mistake
frown.gif
Although, coolers etc I would (and have been very happy). I also buy saddle cloths, rider clothing, clippers once (when I researched what I wanted). Always well known brands. I wouldn't buy a saddle because it may not be a good fit and I wouldn't want the hassle re-selling such a large item. Not to mention that I couldn't be sure it hadn't been dropped and had e.g. a damaged tree. I have also bought bridles and been happy, DVD's, Video's books etc.

RLF

Visit site
i bought my horsebox from ebay, they were a few things that the seller didnt point out (the drivers window didnt open and the cab leaked) but apart from that its been a brill lorry, i also bought boots but they were in poor condition when they arrived.