What would you buy on ebay? Pay more for?

Which structure was effected

• Total voters

Frazer

Visit site
Some of you may know from previous posts I am trying to start an ebay shop and have been looking at the horse section for a while now! Rugs seems to be what a lot of people buy from there, as well as saddles. What would you pay more for? Explain your answer if you can, or say how much you would spend on a paritucal brand. Many Thanks

RunToEarth

Visit site
there is always some bloody good saddles on there, but im put off by fitting. Bought some lovely tendon boots from there and a l/w turnout, I rate it
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
I buy anything and everything from eBay - from Saddles and tack to dining table and a car!

I am not sure I follow your question tho - what would I pay more for? Pay more than where/what?

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I buy anything and everything from eBay - from Saddles and tack to dining table and a car!

I am not sure I follow your question tho - what would I pay more for? Pay more than where/what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto Weezy! Bought named saddles from USA and Germany, buy loads of stuff on there. Also don't understand the second question!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I buy everything from ebay and price compare all the time and go for where I can get it cheapest taking into Postage and packing. Its the unknown sizes/come up smaller/bigger than you expect that I will not buy from ebay like saddles, riding hats, bridles just in case I need to send it back or want to swop it. So I go to a tack shop.

Frazer

Visit site
Sorry, I didnt make my self clear about the second question, how much would you pay for an item you liked on ebay, obviously priced accorindly eg.
riding hat = (£20-£120)
tendon boots = (£20-£40) etc..
How much would you be willing to pay on ebay for the item you wanted.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
I use ebay all the time, buy most of my horsie stuff from there, ticked all the boxes in the survey, and have also bought loads more too!

As for prices, I checkout the online shop prices first to see if I can get it cheaper on ebay.

Salcey

Visit site
I have to say ebay is not the place it once was for shop sellers. We used to sell a lot of our slow moving/clearance stuff there and our popular lines but have cut right back from 400+ items to now 10. I wish you all the luck with your new venture but just keep an eye on your mark up and profit margins after calculating listing fee, final value fee and paypal fee.
wink.gif

spider

community.webshots.com
I tend to go for well known brands on ebay as then it is easier to tell the quality and fit. It has to be cheaper (including postage) than I can get it from a local tack shop or something I can't find elsewhere.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I use Ebay quite a bit, and would buy almost anything on there if I needed/ wanted it. I would pay up to £100 normally but if it was something I really wanted then I would go higher.

Malibu

Visit site
i woudl buy anything but NO saddles, too complicated etc, I buy anyhting must eb new, as never know what can be on it (although can be washed) I have bought about 8 rugs off there, bridles, bits, boots, bandages, i ahve saved over hundreds of pounds! love it

Louby

Visit site
I thought about selling on Ebay too but I think people prefer to buy well known makes at a bargain price rather than unknown makes or cheaper makes especially rugs and leatherwork. I think if you could maybe buy well known good quality second hand items from auctions, you would make more money than buying to re sell (sorry if this offends anyone) brand new for example world beater rugs.

Faithkat

Visit site
Me neither, there is, apparently an awful lot of stolen stuff on there and I also want to see what I'm buying, I've heard too many stories of dirty, broken rubbish ariving on people's doorsteps. I'm not saying yours is, Frazer, but you know what I mean . .

Frazer

Visit site
This is what I was planning to do, buy brands such as stubben, treadstone, gallop etc.. from suppliers and then sell on ebay! I fully understand your point, and that is the reason I am being extra pickey in what i choose, because it could work out a bad move. Thinking maybe Fal, Masta Rugs and treadstone bridles to start with. Just wanted a view on how much people would pay etc..

Malibu

Visit site
i agree wirg regards to buying well know items, good quslity items, i WILL pay extra for the best quality item best for my horses!

good luck with it all, let us know what the name of the shop is if it happens! will have a look, see what you have got!