What would you pay for her?

AliJo

Visit site
A 15.2hh coloured Irish Cob mare, 11 years, excellent to handle, catch, no vices, wonderful nature, good for blacksmith and good in traffic. Bombproof ride in company but may need a more confident rider hacking alone. Not 100% sound due to non-articular ringbone but vet has said she is O.K for light hacking. I think I've included everything here. This is not an advert at the moment, I am just interested to hear your views.

Iestyn

Visit site
She's not 100% sound and she's not 100% bombproof - I would find her a companion/ light hack home and ask for a nominal amount to a good home, possibly even a "free to 1st class home". Sorry if that's what you didn't want to hear.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Not a lot I'm afraid. I think the 'not 100% sound' is really going to devalue her unfortunately.

I’m no expert though.

Coloured horses are the best though!!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Its a shame shes not a bit older, as the Veteran Horse society have a great rehoming scheme. It is designed for horses such as this that maybe a bit older and have other problems whether it be soundness issues or work issues, but it is excellent in that all homes are vetted and the new owners are given lots of advice and info on each individual horse.

I have to agree with SV though in that if it were my horse i would be looking for a companion home in return for a nominal fee or free to a 5* home...

rrose

Visit site
i would not sell her, i would put her out a compaion/very light hack on loan. As if this person sells her on they will lie and then you horse will be ruined. sorry if i confused you all.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Agree - I wouldn't sell her either. Loan as a companion would be ideal. Selling her - who knows where she would end up, there are a lot of very unscruplous people out there.

Horses with non articular ringbone can become totally sound (as my horse is) due to rest. Your mare could conceivably be passed on as sound by someone having bought her knowing what her condition was. She would go lame again very quickly with the wrong kind of excercise and quite possibly end up being passed on again.

Sorry, but if you don't want her, and don't want to loan her, have her put down - you owe her that.

AliJo

Visit site
Well, I won't be advertising her because, as you say, she could well go to the wrong home or be sold on again, especially if she was sold for as little as £500 or less. A friend of mine does have her on loan at the moment, being kept at the same yard as my other pony and she does love her to bits and I can keep my eye on her but circumstances may well change in the future and I was looking at options. If things do change I shall try and find another local person to have her or, failing that, my OH said to keep her and he will ride a little when he has time... but it will be me doing all the mucky jobs!!