What would you pay for this?

severnmiles

Visit site
Sorry to ask again, but what would you price this as? I've fallen in love with him, well actually I've always loved him!

He's by Maat, out of Disgleirio (so half brother to Shiner and Mr Christie) and full brother to Rhi. He's 16.2hh and 2y.o. He does have a blemish on a front leg from a gate but is sound and was sound when he did it, other than that he has clean legs. He's not been shown. Good to catch and the usual stuff. He's also a 3/4 brother to Dazzling Bay, yearling champ and reserve supreme at Pavo 06.

I know what Des is asking but I want to see if you come up with a similar price and agree on his worth.....?

Image115.jpg

sorona

Visit site
I've been looking for a 16.1 filly for my daugther but not buying until next year and are looking at anything from foal to 2yr old as my budget doesnt strech more than that as ihave SOOO many horses already! I would say for an eventer/ sports horse/ dressage youngster youd be paying around the £3000 mark for anything halfway decent although there are some much cheaper and much, much more. I'd be expecting to pay about that for a yearling with decent breeding bearing in mind stud fees for a good stallion. Prices around the country can vary greatly as well

airedale

Visit site
Yes - I'd agree - 3k to 4k as a 'yearling' now will be a 2yr old in only 2 months time don't forget.

Also - if a breeder is prepared to sell for less than 3k then they aren't even covering their costs so either they are desperate to just get shot of the horse or horses or they know something you don't (OCD for example).

burtie

Visit site
Personally not massively keen from that photo, but 2 years old can look a bit odd and all his legs seem to be in the right place. I still would not pay much over £3k I'm afriad. Even in the pricey south a local stud sell very well bred youngsters in the £3-5k bracket.

severnmiles

Visit site
Lol! No. I'd have to sell my Appaloosa first! Though I've just looked at Rhi and I think she's looking alot nicer than the 2y.o. Still really like him though.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Horsenut....I think that too but I'm sooo biased! lol

Well he's 6k

[/ QUOTE ]
ooo.gif
crazy.gif
ooo.gif

6k for a 2 yr old?!!!!

I think Moonie was a bargain
cool.gif

ihatework

Visit site
Mmm ... I have to say I'm not overly keen on him MUCH prefer Rhi, and I wouldn't be willing to pay anything over 3K.

S_N

Visit site
He seems to have all the right angles, but he is a HE from a good family & therefore not worth as much as a filly. If that is his market value, then Rhi must be worth a LOT more!

sorona

Visit site
I think if he had been shown in hand and had been doing exceptionally well then the price tag may fit but as an unproven youngster with slight blemish, I wouldnt pay that sort of money. The horse however is worth as much as somebody will pay for it and if you love it that much then the owner can ask a lot for it!!