What would you pay?

Lintel

Visit site
Posting out of pure intrest as I'm not sure where the market would be for this horse.

14 y.o TB mare.
Schooled but will challenge rider in the school- not for the faint hearted or novice.
Will jump willingly but rushes and throws her body through jumps, but workable with.
Need significant desintization imo, ok to hack but only in very light traffic.
Ok for farrier dentist etc. Known ulcers.
Challenging to load or catch.
Proven broodmare.

She is not mine, nor for sale but I wondered if there is a market for this or what her value would be?

TheMule

Visit site
She has no value IMO, sorry. It's possible that someone could use her as a ET recip mare, but 14 is older than ideal and TBs not as popular as larger framed mares and the loading/ catching would be issues

Melody Grey

Visit site
I'd be delighted to find someone willing to take her, never mind for financial gain! I'd also be a bit worried that she might be the type to get passed around...good looking cheap horse?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'd be delighted to find someone willing to take her, never mind for financial gain! I'd also be a bit worried that she might be the type to get passed around...good looking cheap horse?

Sedated, she would be great dodgy dealer bait, wouldn't she?. I'd have her put to sleep before I would take the risk of her ending up in that situation.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
Nothing but if the owner treated the ulcers it'd probably sort some of the other issues, depending on the reason for the ulcers.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Poor mare. There lovely people who would give a home to a horse that they just want to love and give a chance to. However, trying to sell a horse without monetary value on the open market, particularly if the horse is pretty, is unlikely to end well for her.
The owner has a responsibility to ensure her future wellbeing and if she can no longer care for her, I'd suggest she finds retirement livery for her, until she finds someone willing to ensure her future.

Lintel

Visit site
Unfortunately all your replies are as expected. The horse is not for sale nor do I ever believe she will be but just in case it ever came to that I was curious. Thank you all!

Littlebear

Visit site
Sedated, she would be great dodgy dealer bait, wouldn't she?. I'd have her put to sleep before I would take the risk of her ending up in that situation.
i thought the same, this is the exact type of horse that will be taken in by a dealer and usually sold on to someone quite likely highly unsuitable.