what would you recommend for..

PinkFairy

Visit site
well, its a bit harder for me to find something as im a student i'd be aiming to finance it myself so obviously would have to be cheap-ish but im sure theres SOMETHING out there
frown.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
looking for a loan that could potentially be moved, cheap etc but as im at hadlow college, money would have to be negotiated etc but im basically looking for a horse that needs a rider who could care for him and do chores. Although he would also be ridden by other riders so would need to be ok with schooling and jumping. its a huge stretch im beginning to think its impossible

PinkFairy

Visit site
I've already asked my college yard if there is anything suitable, and they have said there are no loans or shares available.

rach1984horse

Visit site
Ah so your wanting something to take to college with you. YO has a gelding that goes away to Elmwood college during term time, then comes home at holidays.

Stick an ad in your local free paper. If your at college can offer to school something on a bit, or bring it back into work for someone. That projecthores site might be worth a look.

PinkFairy

Visit site
i've e-mailed around 3 or 4 from the project horses, i have to be careful what i look for as it also has to be able to school etc. I'm just not sure if i'm doing the right thing etc i mean, livery is £35 a week plus other fees. As i'm a student I haven't got a budget of much money. Thats my problem.

rach1984horse

Visit site
When I was at college looked after ponies for woman down the road but unfortunatly didn't manage to get anything to ride. Know how difficult it can be. Maybe college will have something that needs some extra handling/schooling, even if it's not a full loan/share.

Local racing yards, rescue places, or riding schools may also need a rider or someone to take the time to do a bit more with their horses. Racing yards would probably pay you for your trouble as well.

PinkFairy

Visit site
Well the thing with finding a horse outside and riding/caring for it outside is finding the time to do it. If the horse was at college or brought to college, then I would have better access and would be on site as I live on campus as well. Another reason why i'm looking for this is so I can improve in my own time concentrating on what i need to do, using my own time. It may not be the best option but i've always wanted to do that little bit extra!