What would you think?

AliJo

Visit site
If a seller of a horse told you that an interested buyer had tried the horse, had it vetted (and it passed) but then decided she couldn't actually afford to buy it? Does this sound like the horse may not have passed the vetting because I know that I wouldn't have had a horse vetted if I didn't have the money to buy it. The buyer was aware of the price from the start.

S_N

Visit site
Well yes it would make me wary, BUT on reading some of todays posts about potential buyers doing exactly that - no, it wouldn't suprise me if it was true at all!

Kelly1982

Visit site
That does sound well dodgy to me!!

Why go through all the effort and expense if you couldn't afford it??

Unless they was hoping the seller would negotiate on price but you would of thought they would of done that before the vetting
confused.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Stranger things happen. It doesn't really matter though does it? If you are interested in the horse you would get him vetted before purchasing him, what a previous person has done/said is immaterial. Even if the horse has been previously vetted it's only like a cars MOT certificate which basically says the car was ok on the day it was tested. Forget what may or may not have gone on before & just do what you would do if you went to view any horse with a view to purchase.

AliJo

Visit site
You're right, I would certainly have it vetted again if I was going to buy it. I thought it sounded like a complete lie but, going by other posts on timewasters, there are some people that have more money than sense.