What XC colours to get?

Templebar

Visit site
Hi

Its coming up to christmas and my birthday is in the new year and everyone is asking me what i want, i had no idea and then i thought about some competition wear.

So i want to know what sort of colours/design would look good for me and my horse. My main eventer hopefully (shes only 4 right now) will be a bright chestnut mare about 16hh, i will also ride a bright bay cob but it doesn't matter too much on her.

Any suggestions for what to go for?

khalswitz

Visit site
Hi

Its coming up to christmas and my birthday is in the new year and everyone is asking me what i want, i had no idea and then i thought about some competition wear.

So i want to know what sort of colours/design would look good for me and my horse. My main eventer hopefully (shes only 4 right now) will be a bright chestnut mare about 16hh, i will also ride a bright bay cob but it doesn't matter too much on her.

Any suggestions for what to go for?

On a chestnut, I always like pale blue, or else bottle green. You could try say green and black, or pale blue and white (white as a second colour looks great if they have any white markings). Both those would also look good on a bright bay... Navy is also a nice classic choice. Maybe navy and white would look very stylish without being too in your face?

Lolo

Visit site
1010933_10201398386708721_122892541_n.jpg

I like my little sister's XC colours, the silk is a Treehouse silk and looks really smart and hasn't faded at all. Because she just has the hat it's not overly 'loud' and looks good on most horses because the navy baselayer and plain numnah provides a nice barrier... Handy that her horses are two bays and a steel grey though, because blue and pink look particularly nice on them :D

I would go for whatever colours you like best and then try and tone the sleeves and numnah down so it won't clash with your horse :D

Templebar

Visit site
I have always liked a good light/tealy blue and brown.

I was thinking pale blue as i like the colour anyway, maybe that and classic navy then as Lolo says use a navy base.

redstar

Visit site
I have a bright bay appaloosa and my colours on her are going to be emerald green and bright pink ( the colours on the fal domino rug ) but not decided in which order yet, as in emerald green base with bright pink stars or vice versa.

Alyth

Visit site
Do you want to be classical good taste or stand out? I would say orange!! Purple is always associated with Ginny Leng and black with the Kiwis, so orange is unusual and would be easily picked out!! White gets too dirty! Navy and bottle green are classic and worn by many......how about bright lime green as an alternative or in conjunction with the orange??!!

Fly_By_Wire

Visit site
Do you want to be classical good taste or stand out? I would say orange!! Purple is always associated with Ginny Leng and black with the Kiwis, so orange is unusual and would be easily picked out!! White gets too dirty! Navy and bottle green are classic and worn by many......how about bright lime green as an alternative or in conjunction with the orange??!!

wateer.jpg
Not sure about lime green on a chestnut, but I loved it on my old boy! This was a schooling session, but for competitions we had this with a matching lime green/black silk and white jods :)