What you do with your horses Christmas day??

What's your favourite colouring for lining your eyes?

• Total voters

Eira

Visit site
As normal
smile.gif

Except I have 10 more to do aswell !
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
Other - normally on week days he is on full livery, on xmas day am DIY. So will muck out, turn out. Then friend is bringing him back in later in return for me doing hers on boxing day.

JS65

Visit site
Run across the yard in my slippers, feed them and go and open my presents.
Then just skip off and leave them in with their new christmas rugs on !

Racing_Gal

Visit site
As normal but this year am taking Jack for his first 'road' hack in about 2 years! He is a totally w***** in traffic so am starting him off again on Christmas day...quietist(sp) day on the roads

RachelB

Visit site
Quickly. I don't ride or do anything other than the essentials (feed, hay, muck out, water - they're out 24/7 anyway though).
My dad and brother are both mostly anti-horses, and Christmas is supposed to be a family day so I spend time with my human family for once! I have 364 other days that I can spend with my horse
laugh.gif

amandathepanda

Visit site
I get up early (but only an hour or so early) to make sure the stables are all done ready to bring the mob in later. When you do 7 a day it's a very nice feeling to know that all the mucking out is done & you can enjoy the rest of the day! That way I can have a small drink with our Christmas dinner which we have at lunch time, put them all to bed early (about 4pm) & enjoy the rest of the day
grin.gif

Abracadabjar

Visit site
Its a normal day with both mine. Both mne ar e a 5 min walk from my house, so can eat drink and be merry and still tuck my girlies in bed at normal time

dozzie

Visit site
I always try to ride out on Christmas Day so will feed earlier. I tend to feed them earlier in the evening as we dont do dinner until the horses are done. It might have to be a bit different this year as we are taking dinner round to mum and dads and we will have to work around her carers.

NeilM

Visit site
Pretty much as normal.

OH will be cooking, so after pressies I'll get ready and I'll take H for a hack and be home in time for dinner.

On the downside, I get to do all the washing up! Only fair I suppose.

SunSmile

Visit site
I normally get up early and sort her out before heading home, this year i will also be up early to chuck her out in the field and sort her box as i have to be at work at 9am
shocked.gif
YO is kindly bringing her in for me tho!

hostess99

Visit site
I'll muck out do essentials early morning leaving everything ready for P.M. Luckily my friend will feed and hay mine in the evening when she gets hers in.

DiablosGold

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
As normal, plus any other's who have owners with a better social life than me
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto
grin.gif

Always go for a Christmas hack before fitting the family stuff in!

buggit

Visit site
Muck out and feed about 7 then home for breakfast then back to the yard for about 11 for the Christmas ride covered in tinsel and antlers. Thats if my boy comes out sound, rode out today and he came back lame, fetlocks are all puffy. They have been in for the last two weeks. They both do seem to have a knack of going lame when i am on holiday though
blush.gif
(

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
Pretty much as usual for me! Feed, turnout, mucked out by about 9am. Home for breakfast / pressie opening. Back about 2pm to bring in, then back home for lunch. (The upside is that the horses are about 2 mins away!) They'll then be fed at half 5, and checked again at 9pm.

devilsauce

Visit site
ill b going up later than usual after my son has had his pressies and gone of to his dads for lunch... then ill go up and take him out for a gud blast through the woods cnt beat it on crimbo day !!