What's a girth jack?

sychnant

Visit site
It's for hoicking the girth up really tight! Useful I suppose on dressage saddles, when it's hard to lean down to tighten the girth once you're on. A lady I used to work for used them.

Don't like them though. I think you can easily overtighten a girth, and the horse needs to breathe!

Fjord

Visit site
I've just tried to google it as I can't work it out either. I found some very strange images...

And I still don't know!

alainax

Visit site
Oooo I found a pic of one in use! Still looks somewhat complicated!

$_20.JPG

Shooting Star

Visit site
Wow never seen one of them before ... but then I'd be thinking that my saddle didn't fit correctly and getting a decent fitter out instead of buying that torture implement - anybody fancy wearing a girdled & going for a run ?!

Morganfan

Visit site
Hi Guys, we manufacture these in Australia. They are NOT a torture implement, they are a useful tool for people who have hand/arm weakness or disability so they can do the girth up to the correct tightness.

gothdolly

Visit site
Hi Guys, we manufacture these in Australia. They are NOT a torture implement, they are a useful tool for people who have hand/arm weakness or disability so they can do the girth up to the correct tightness.
Oh, I have never seen those before, I wonder if it might be useful for my mum who has Rheumatoid arthritis in her hands and some days really struggles with buckles? She would never ever over tighten her girth!

Morganfan

Visit site
Oh, I have never seen those before, I wonder if it might be useful for my mum who has Rheumatoid arthritis in her hands and some days really struggles with buckles? She would never ever over tighten her girth!

Gothdolly, exactly what they are made for !! Ours are injection moulded (the yellow one is one of ours) unbreakable - replacement guarantee. We have shipped to the UK, USA and NZ. We have a FB page - Girth-Eze if you are interested. Cheers.