Whats best for dressage - Boots or bandages?

pocket

Visit site
Whats do people prefer for working in, boots or bandages? If you are boot people, what do you suggest as the best buy?

We are now working harder and at present, I use brushing boots all round and don't feel that they offer enough support, your suggestions will be greatly received
wink.gif

ihatework

Visit site
On the whole, neither !!!
I tend to go to comps on my own and therefore warm up without boots/bandages to save having to get off
smirk.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
im with you on that one - although im not on my own i just rarely warm up in boots for dressage. (i wouldnt use bandages-im too slow at doing them!!!!!!!)

miller

Visit site
Eitehr - depends what I grab first.

tbh - any small amount of material wrapped around a horses leg is not going to 'support' merely prevent knocks

kerrylou123

Visit site
depends is im feeling lazy or not. I tend to not bother with anything on the one horse, unless jumping or hacking, but i usually bandage my other horse, or if im pushed for time, ill boot her up all round

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I tend not to use either at competitions unless its at an important event, as it is a bit of faff to remember to take them off just before a test. However when i am at home i mainly use bandages. Ive bought a pair of equilibrium stretch and flex boots recently and would highly recommend them as they fit like a bandage but offer the protection of a boot...

pocket

Visit site
Cheers all I was tempted to buy the equilibrium stretch and flex boots, but wanted an opinion on them before I bought them, I've got their brushing boots, but they tend to make him sweat and I would imagine they could rub and become uncomfortable. Will look into the s&f boots..... ta
wink.gif

i hate the s&f boots!!!
i always school in bandages allround - if really really pushed for time i bandage hinds and put boots on front but would never school without bandages behind. For hacking (which is a rare thing for me!!) i usually bandage aswell!!!

pocket

Visit site
What do you hate about them? I must admit, I used to bandage my pony, especially for xc and hunting, but have become a bit lazy.

tuscanyD

Visit site
I have a pair of the s&f boots but don't find they make any more difference than a brushing boot.

What my mare really does like [she has an injury and physio problems] are sports medicine boots. They really give her confidence - possibly because the support isn't any firmer but does go all the way over the fetlock and pastern - I don't know I just know they make her happy.

I'm far too lazy for bandages plus work full time so boots much more convenient and easy.