What's going on?

Tia

Visit site
Not too sure what is happening over here right now, but it has been quite chilly over the past couple of weeks and then all of a sudden it is sooo warm! I was out in a T-shirt today; took my wheelbarrow round all the fields and stripped my guys out of their rugs. It is staying really warm apparently for at least the rest of this week.

Everyone was thrilled to have their rugs off and they all had a good roll and cavort around.

Here's my stallion trying to munch every single little blade of grass before all that fluffy white stuff comes and covers it up for 3 months!

202573224.jpg

And here is a VERY fluffy 6 month pregnant Cloud! I haven't seen her unclipped for years and years and my I have forgotten quite how fluffy she gets!

202573828.jpg

Are you guys having weird weather where you are in the world? I have to say, I could handle this weather for another few months........then it would be just in time for Spring
grin.gif
. Actually I sort of fib here, I do like winter as I adore blue skies day in, day out.

Skhosu

Visit site
Its cold over here!!!
Did you decide to rug cloud or not then in the end?
Love the stallion (and cloud of course!)

Is he the father?

Patches

Visit site
It was 15 degrees here again today. Fields are as dry and green as they were in summer. Even had to mow my lawn today! Can't remember the last time the grass was still growing in November!

Cloud and Ezzy are just going to have most gorgeous iccle foalie between them. Stunning!

Patches

Visit site
Nope. We had frost Thursday and Friday (-3) overnight but we've not a frost since then and it hasn't rained for weeks. Really warm in the daytime too. Riding in t-shirts, clear blue skies.

Didn't think I'd be riding in the field again this year after all the rain at the end of September...but I am! Of course, it won't last!

Just looked on Metcheck and it says SNOW overnight for the 16th!

Tia

Visit site
blush.gif
*sheepishly she says* .....yes I did decide to rug little Cloud
blush.gif

It's off her now but I will be putting it back on when the temperatures dip again. I just can't see how she would be comfortable in -20 to -40 temps without one. I am hoping to wean her off it though in March as baby is due on 1st April so will bring her in at night and turn her out during the day and leave her unrugged. Hopefully that will work.

Yes he is the delightful daddy. Never met a horse like him before - he is an absolute dream. I jumped up on him bareback yesterday and woah he has a bony back LOL!! I had to turn backwards and sit side-saddle to find a comfy spot. Not too sure I will back him in bareback!
shocked.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
Tia....It is the same here
It has gone from the coldest October in recent record to very mild this week.Spents the weekend wearing a thin shirt and jeans with sun all around! Wisconsin does tend to have crazy fluctuations this time of year (and in spring) Do you guys not have the same there usually?

Tia

Visit site
Our fields are still dusty from where the horses all stand around in the summer. We still have a fair amount of grass and it is still pretty green around here.

[ QUOTE ]
Cloud and Ezzy are just going to have most gorgeous iccle foalie between them

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww I knowwwww - I am soooo excited
laugh.gif

Tia

Visit site
Well I have only been here at this time of year for 3 years, but I would have to say that what we are having right now is pretty similar to the past years.......what we were having a week ago (really cold) doesn't seem to be normal. Crumbs I have been going around in my down jackets and fur trappers hat!
shocked.gif

Now all of a sudden, warm weather, bugs back......where do the little suckers go when it is cold?? I thought they all blooming well died off.....but no! First day of warmth and out they come again, LOL!!

Tia

Visit site
LOL!! Maybe he's holed up inside with the fire on today. It was a couple of days ago he told me it was warm.....oh and he was up in York so maybe different up there.

Patches

Visit site
Arrr.....you'll be pleased to know Met check forecasts widespread dense fog for the Midlands over night and for tomorrow!
mad.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
I know what you mean!
I thought for sure the freezing October killed all the asian beetles and bees ....but NOOOOOOOOOOO.....last few days....they have decided to visit
mad.gif

L

lilym

we've being having very warm weather until it suddely went cold last week, no gradual change or anything......weird!

Dogbetty141

Visit site
Its always cold and miserable in england in the winter. If its not raining it is windy. I like the cold crisp mornings though when it is bright with ice blue skies. I love riding out in that and the sun keeps you warm..

Jealous of your weather though as I would rather it be sunny summertime again.