What's happened on the M1?

turkana

Visit site
Does anybody know? Just heard on the radio that the motorway is blocked "due to an earlier incident with horses"
Hope it's not as bad as it sounds & that everyone is ok

GT_02

Visit site
It was a police statement that confirmed the fatality unfortunately. Utterly heartbreaking for the owners - it's your worst nightmare. Fortunately it sounds like the drivers were OK though.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
A friend has just bought 10 acres (and a house) that the M1 runs alongside. She has hugely increased her public liability! Very good move, IMO. My old yard had the M1 at the bottom of the boys’ field, with very dense hedging enhancing the fencing. It never really worried me, but given what an escape artist mine was once at the current yard, I should maybe have been more worried.

MinKo

Visit site
The m25 runs along the very top end of the farm mine are on, we don't keep the horses at that end as it's got storage units rented by people up there. We do keeps all lower gates shut at all times as a safety measure though.

Orangehorse

Visit site
How sad for the owners. I know someone who lives next to the M1 with cattle and horses and I never think the roadside fencing looks very high. After all, fences that high are jumped out hunting.