What's in your first aid please?

Sasababe

Visit site
After a 20 year break, I'm a bit forgetful as to what I used to have available to me in my first aid kit. That and the fact there must be lots more products iut there now.

What do you have in yours? What are your must have please?

Callieann

Visit site
Animalintex, vetwrap bandages, clean square of plastic, poultice boot, hibiscrub, salt, sudocream, sterile dressings, antiseptic wipes and purple spray. There are other things but these are my main items

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
similar to above
Plus thermometer
Good scissors
I prefer povidone iodine to hibiscrub
Cotton wool on a roll
Usually got some intrasite gel
Also keep my shoe removal tools with it.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Much of the above already mentioned but add nappies of various sizes, different sized socks (excellent for pulling over poultices), stethoscope in each kit too.
I have 2 med boxes in the yard, one is solely for poulticing,a 3rd one lives in the horsebox.

Carrottom

Visit site
In addition to the poultice kit I like to have flamazine cream for any small cuts and gold label wonder gel for skin problems or scrapes.

GG13

Visit site
In addition to the above I also keep some Sedalin in my lorry kit. Luckily not had to use it so far, but I like to have it on me in case horse needs to be calmed whilst awaiting breakdown cover or sitting in a traffic jam etc

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
ignoring the plug for human stuff.... i am adding to my kit medical grade sterile honey, i'm getting through a tube every few days at the mo and it would have saved me paying vet prices for the first couple of dressing changes if i had it already ;) and some saline.

I forgot I also had a stash of medical bandages in the cupboard, some stretchy knitted ones and some soffban which is proving useful. and some adhesive bandage tape. I'm finding amazon is pretty economical for topping up supplies like this at the moment, if you have Prime.

pistolpete

Visit site
I’m a fan of dermisol wound cream also a couple of sachets of bute ideally prescribed by vet from previous injury as they don’t give it out for prevention. I also have comprehensive poulticing kit duct tape Soffban Coflex animalintex. A thermometer cotton wool hibiscrub and eye drops.

Tash88

Visit site
The only thing I would add to the items already mentioned is Filtabac - excellent cream for minor cuts and grazes (applied once cleaned with hibiscrub or similar), and it stays on well as a barrier against water, mud and flies. I wouldn't be without it.