Whats inside you horse trailer?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Those of you who use quick release ties, do you mean the quick release bungee ties? I've seen them online and wondered if they were worth getting
Red-1 my quick release straps aren't elasticated, they are the same as a lead rope.

Ah Lindylouanne, I presumed you were replying to Claracanter, asking about bungee ties.

I hate bungee ones with a passion. Most dangerous of all is where I see people with bungee ones attached to string. Sadly it is people who are well intentioned and think they are being double safe. Sadly if the horse panics, the bungee will pull tight before the string snaps, sending a metal clip cannoning into the poor horse.

I did raise this once before on HHO and has a couple of people tell me "Oh, you are wrong, I have used them for years." Well, I also know of (mainly male teens) people who ride their motorbikes, at speed, whilst under the influence, in traffic, with no helmets. Just because they have been OK does not mean I think it is good and safe practice though.

If I can just save one owner heartache and horse from injury, I will. IMO there is so much scope for having injuries around horses I just eliminate what I can, such as safe design quick release ties, always hooking doors back before taking a horse through, same as shutting the yard gate and wearing high viz when hacking. That way, if there is an accident you know you have done your best.

MagicMelon

Visit site
It depends what you have in your trailer, mine is a Bateson Ascot so Ive got the built in tack locker in the front which I put tack in and have a little bag hanging in there with baler twine (Ive never found a better thing for tying up to) and spare leadropes etc. I usually travel only one horse so on the other side of the partition I keep a water container, buckets, my show grooming box (which I also use as a mounting block) and a big chest with show rugs, first aid kit, spare reins/shoes/wash down stuff etc. I'll tie a couple of spare haynets to the other ring so they're up out of the way. I also use a quick release strap instead of a lead rope to tie up (and to baler twine of course).

windand rain

Visit site
The ones we use are not bungie but webbing. Still wouldn't use one with quick release on the headcollar when attached to the trailer you can avoid injury to yourself and if you are lucky to hold on you also have a lead on the horse