what's one more pony?

Sarah04

Visit site
Hi, basically I've got a happy hacker that I ride , a standard Shetland the kids ride and I got my first miniature showing Shetland in October who I have looked forward to showing this spring/summer but Unfortunately he's been really poorly and has been at the equine hospital for 12 days now but is well enough to come home tomorrow . My problem is he's been clipped on both sides of his abdomen , under his tummy and both sides of his neck where he has had scans, biopsies , bloods and catheters in so I can't show him till his coat grows back. His breeder has offered me another little gelding to show this season but my partner is not happy about me having another pony. In some ways its unfortunate that we have our own farm with paddocks and stables right outside the house as I cant sneak another one in . Just wondered what other people would do ?

marmalade76

Visit site
Nothing at all but like yours, my husband would disagree! Sometimes I can talk mine round, sometimes I just go out and buy things without telling him and just wait until he finds out, then it's too late for him to do much about it ;) :D

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I collect ponies for fun! :p

My husband has given up. I pay for them and it's a huge part of my life, I came with one initially, it's expanded and reduced and now at it's peak at the moment.

Get it. :D

paddi22

Visit site
get it! they know it's a losing battle. I've gradually grown to six now and husband has no idea two of them existed till last week. The worst thing is they are literally in a paddock in our back garden and he just hadn't noticed them.

I think I just wore him down and he's given in completely now!

Sarah04

Visit site
Thank you I know I will get it ill just then have to deal with the consequences later. I work and pay for everything for the ponies. Its a hobby that keeps me sane through the school hols!xx

Antw23uk

Visit site
It's better to ask forgiveness than permission. You should never have asked him in the first place so sadly I don't think you should get another one! Will the breeder not swap whilst yours recovers and then in theory you have just done the 'one out, one in' rule which I have to abide by :( ... When I'm not following my mantra of better to ask forgiveness than permission of course ;)

GET IT :D

ribbons

Visit site
They get jealous that's the problem. The more equines you have to care for the less time you have for pandering to their needs😏.
Its only on loan for the summer isn't it? Just get it and tell him to lump it. 😆

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I just buy horses in the same colour:) he rarely gives them a second look and could no way tell the difference between them, even some of my horsey friends struggle to tell which one I am riding.

LHIS

Visit site
Haha :) get it. They only don't like it because they get jealous. Mine said to me (in other words- but he meant this) 'I want you home straight after work because I want my dinner'. He's now learning to cook for himself.

Sarah04

Visit site
That's where I am going wrong I should get the same colour! I've got a grey, black ,golden dun and the new one is bay! Thanks for all your replies makes me chuckle and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that likes to accumulate ponies although they do all sort of have a job lol ��

rhylis

Visit site
I told my OH that my last two additions to the herd were here on a temporary basis only, being as I had every intention of schooling them on and selling them. Two years later they are very nicely settled in!

pippixox

Visit site
I told my OH that my last two additions to the herd were here on a temporary basis only, being as I had every intention of schooling them on and selling them. Two years later they are very nicely settled in!

haha sounds like me- last spring I took on 2 newforest 4yos to back for the summer as a 'project'- i said i mite keep one, but the other was just on loan to help the owner out and to back for the summer as i had time. well... mare was officially mine within the month and by October I had ownership of the gelding signed over to me as well! so I have 4 all owned by me, so can't even play the 'they are just on loan' card.

NiceNeverNaughty

Visit site
playing devils advocate - at this time of year with coat change, you’ll probably find by june you can’t see anything anyway