What's the going rate?

tankgirl1

Visit site
My late teens cob mare has just been diagnosed with arthritis today. She's been prescribed previcox.
I've been walking her out in hand but going forward I'd like to keep her gently hacking out. I'm too heavy at the moment. She can be stubborn and nappy. The worst she does though is plant and try to turn around, no dangerous behaviour. We have miles of off road hacking from the yard. I don't want her to be schooled or anything, just ridden out by a lightweight rider.
So my question is what should I expect to pay for her to be hacked out gently?

Bonnie Allie

Visit site
There are a squillion ladies of a certain age who would love the opportunity to do just this. I have a 68yr old lady who hacks out my arthritic mare just at walk.

We are both wine lovers and coffee lovers. I pay in wine as she is on a limited income and these are not wines she would buy herself. We also sit down together at least once a week for coffee and I have learnt so much from her wise words.

I live in a different country to my parents and family and really enjoy our relationship.

Pure $$$ - not sure what you would offer if it was a cash transaction.

tankgirl1

Visit site
There are a squillion ladies of a certain age who would love the opportunity to do just this. I have a 68yr old lady who hacks out my arthritic mare just at walk.

We are both wine lovers and coffee lovers. I pay in wine as she is on a limited income and these are not wines she would buy herself. We also sit down together at least once a week for coffee and I have learnt so much from her wise words.

I live in a different country to my parents and family and really enjoy our relationship.

Pure $$$ - not sure what you would offer if it was a cash transaction.

Can I borrow your lady please! Xx

SO1

Visit site
I pay £10 for one of the yard staff who is an AI to hack my pony for 40 minutes. She is already at the yard so not paying her travel time. Just been helping me out during the coronavirus pandemic as I am still being cautious & only going to the yard at the weekends.

splash30

Visit site
I pay £20 for one of my horses with one rider (schooling/hacking/jumping) and my other horse at a much higher level, rider is more advanced £45.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Why don't you start long reining her out. It would be good for you both. That said I find it tricky these days because I can't walk as fast as mine does but I used to do it a lot.

Desert_rider

Visit site
Like others have said, you should be able to find someone to do this for nothing and maybe even charge them a small monthly amount rather than the other way round

I am in my 40's and have a 21 year old mare on part loan and we just go for hacks and admire the countryside. We have the odd blast, but the majority of the time is at a leisurely pace.

I love hacking and although we occasionally school, it is not really my bag and I don't have an interest in competing. What you are offering would suit someone like me down to the ground and I don't think you will struggle to find someone.