What's the most extravagant dog possession you own?

vallin

Visit site
I keep seeing post of dogs on Instagram in beautiful, elaborate dog coats and have somewhat of a hankering for one for Daisy, alas her cheepo pets at home one will do for now! So, as title, what's the most extravagant thing you have bought your dog?

Last edited:

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Cars/boxes here too lol.
I have spent a lot on gear over the years, clothing, balls, etc but not sure if that counts as for them or for me 😂
Keep going abroad and buying stuff at stalls and getting home and realise I already have it....

Plus all the various gaffs...I paid for half the kennels at my mum's house and then a new set when I moved out.

Last edited:

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
My car was bought with the dogs in mind. OH has a silly car that the dogs can’t go in, leather seats, 2 door blah blah. He is thinking about some sort of truck next time round to be dog and horse stuff friendly. I am slowly changing him without even trying 😂

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I bought a mid life crisis car, but only because it was a 2+2, so had a Hekkie seat in the back. It was genuinely the deciding factor between small and boring or a whoopiedo car. I could just picture him there. My mistake was telling the salesman. :eek::D:cool:

CrazyMare

Visit site
I had the dog car before the dogs. Probably their vast collection of matching collars and their enormous wardrobe of clothing 😂

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
Did I miss you getting a long dog??!

I was going to buy a Mercedes SLK but couldn't fit OH and the 2 dogs in it, so I guess they saved me some money there 🤣🤣

Sorry, that's Daisy. Arrived late October. I mentioned her a while back, but you might have missed the post :)

deb_l222

Visit site
My settee is the most extravagant thing the dogs own. If it was just me, I would have a cheaper fabric one but I buy leather because of the dogs and then I cover it up with fleecy throws because I don't want them scratching the leather.

It's the most expensive thing that never sees the light of day :p

satinbaze

Visit site
Most expensive is undoubtedly my caddy van with bespoke dog caging however it’s not an extravagance as it is my only vehicle. The most extravagant item is a dog training vest with a ball dispenser recently bought to motivate my non foodie puppy (10months old now) fortunately she loves a ball dropping from the sky
https://gappayuk.com/vest-profi-fontana-black.html

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Gappay's jackets are my favourite but the Top Matics magnet sets were life changing lol. You can put them anywhere (although you do end up stuck to the radiator/car/fridge).

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Another car here! When sis (see above) bought the Disco, I didn't need another big car, which was a good job as the new Vitara was a 'sporty' shape, which would have had the Rotters banging their heads. We could only fit 2 people in the old one with the girls as we had to put the seat backs down to accommodate them.
So, I spent ages looking at cars which be tucked into parking spaces in school car parks, after most staff members had already arrived, so at the side of the skip or some similar place, it also needed to be 4x4 because of where we live. I considered a number of cars until I eventually found the new suzuki Ignis, which can accommodate 2 Rotters with seats folded, if necessary, has ample room for 4 adults without the girls and doesn't cost a fortune to run. If it hadn't been for having to consider the girls, I could have bought something much cheaper!

Apart from cars, the most extravagant thing we have bought for them, is their 'Cool Coats'. We were at Bramham with them on a hot day, thinking that we were going to have to take them home when a St John's person recommended the coats which were on sale at a nearby stall. They were very expensive for 2, if they didn't work. However they do work extremely well, so money well spent, after all!

twiggy2

Visit site
Kennel and heat lamp when I became single and could not find a house to rent that would allow 3 dogs, it took 10 months to find somewhere that would accept two dogs in a kennel.
My biggest dog luxury apart from that's a beautiful handmade leather buckle lead and collar for my last lurcher.

vallin

Visit site
Most expensive is undoubtedly my caddy van with bespoke dog caging however it’s not an extravagance as it is my only vehicle. The most extravagant item is a dog training vest with a ball dispenser recently bought to motivate my non foodie puppy (10months old now) fortunately she loves a ball dropping from the sky
https://gappayuk.com/vest-profi-fontana-black.html

What's the benefit? Sorry if I'm being dense 😂