What's the norm??

lizzie_liz

Visit site
It depends on the horses coat, now that i have own clippers i can clip whenever i want too. Before they got done wenever i could get hold of some clippers, so would clip october and january.

Claireg9

Visit site
normally end of september, but im also contemplating sooner as my mare is moulting so bad!
But i know people who clip there fluffy ponys all year round, so it depends on what you plan to do with them and how hairy!
If your showing id advise not to!

pottamus

Visit site
Well my horse still has his summer coat with no signs of moulting at all. This will be his first year clipped and I have been recommended to leave it as long as possible and to just do him when he starts to sweat up with his winter coat coming through. So I am hoping it will be towards the end of Sept as I really want his winter coat to come through before rugging him!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I usually do my horses when i think they need it and they are sweating up when being ridden etc.

Usually around October time but at the mo my new mares till has a lovely summer coat and doesn't look like she wants to get rid of it just yet.

sham

Visit site
I'll (very reluctantly) be clipping my young 'un pretty soon, even though she's just about to come into work after a tendon injury, her coat is a massive fluff ball and when her coat is all winter wooly she gets bad skin irritations. Bummer eh?