Whats your bedding?

ride black beauty (if he existed) or AK Lacarno

• Total voters

vicster

Visit site
Hi there i have rubber matting with Bliss bedding which is only any good really if you deep littering or having a deepsih bed as it doesn't absorb otherwise. However it does smell lovely and leave a really nice aroma in the stable which you need with the amount of pee my horse does
smile.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
My yearlings are bedded down in a large barn with a deep straw bed, and the others are beeded down on Rubber matting and shavings. The shavings are really quick and easy and the straw is fab for the babies as it is so deep and warm!!

Malibu

Visit site
shavings but getting rubber mattings although i am trying to find someone near who stocks carboard as i ahve worked with it and 100% dust free! love it harder to use but worht for the horses

RachelB

Visit site
I've got paper on rubber matting, but my horse pees non-stop and uses a LOT of paper so I'd prefer her to be on something more absorbent! And something that weighs less when it's wet... I nearly bent my fork the other day lifting it into the barrow!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
You need good drainage, the shavings in my stable soak up most of the wee but sometimes some of it escapes near the door so put some shavings there to soak it up. They dry really quickly and every so often I use fieldguard green gloop to freshen my stable up and it smells lovely.
smile.gif

TURBOBERT

Visit site
I have rubber matting and to date have had a square (about 8 x 8 in the corner for them to pee on. This year I am trying Hemcore - sounds good - low dust and amonia smells - highly absorbant so small amount of removal necessary in addition to droppings. Expensive to set up but sounds the same as shavings in the long run. I will report back in due course...........anyone any experience of this?

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Two of mine are on straw and the other one on Bedmax. I actually find Bedmax quite dusty - it seems to break down after a while - great when you've just opened a new bag. If money was no object, would have really thick rubber matting and then top quality wood chips over the top of that (ooh and a couple of duck down feather pillows too
smile.gif
)

_jetset_

Visit site
CalliWalliDoodle... are you on Mandy's yard by any chance?

Will you let me know what Nedz Bedz is like and whether you think it would be suitable for foaling down on? Thinking of using it come February when Han is due.

evsj

Visit site
Just changed to Bedmax from straw as my girl was making such a mess of her bed (and eating it too, the greedy pig!). I have 2 1/2 6x4 rubber mats at the front of the box which greatly reduces the amount of bedmax i needed to put down - it was 80 quid well spent. Bedmax much better than shavings (which caused my girl to cough, in the past) and at 5.50 per bag (1 per week) I can manage that ok. <span style="color:purple"> </span>
smirk.gif

eekmon

Visit site
Straw all the way!! Its cheap, easy to muck out, cosy in winter, and according to the people at 'Keratex' the best bedding for feet!!
smile.gif