What's your favourite breed?

StarFell

Visit site
What is your favourite breed of horse and why?
Mine has to be andalucian, they're just so beautiful and intelligent, I'd love to own one one day
smile.gif

ETS: Ok, since everyone is cheating and choosing more than one
tongue.gif
I'm going to have to say fells too
laugh.gif

eventing09

Visit site
I love pure welsh section D's
smile.gif

Simply because i think they have a simply gorgeous head and movement. They have just the right amount of bone i like (coming from a tb owner haha whats the chances haha) and are great for everything as they are so powerful! They imcredibly smart and talented.
smile.gif

dsophiea

Visit site
the highland pony.
they are such good natured and friendly ponies. i also love the range of colours in the ponies
laugh.gif

i am also a huge fan of andalucians and connemaras.
smile.gif

LadyRascasse

Visit site
i'm a sucker for a nutterbred don't know why hence why i have 2 lol. but i would love to own a CB too think they arre gorgeous and intellegant. though the standing joke is i'm gonna get myself a welsh next so they don't cost me so much

Aru

Visit site
Connemaras all the way!!or seein as its hard to get a tall connemara id settle for an easy going ISH or RID...i still dream of gettin an oversized connemara some day tho i loved them as a kid!

annret

Visit site
I'm very fussy about which horses I like, but generally WBs with a lot of blood or lovely chaser type TBs with a good amount of bone.

Big fan of Trakehners for their prettiness, and as a Westphalian owner I'd say I'm a fan, too.

Oh, and anglo arabs - especially compact leggy ones...

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Gosh loads! I like the more exotic types, akhel tekes, tersky arabs, love the Dartmoor ponies, and really admire a decent weight hunter with a pretty head! But none of those would actually suit me to ride, so I had best stick with our 'breeding not known' boy cobs!

charlyan

Visit site
Welsh section Ds, esp second cross with thoroughbreds
laugh.gif
though totally biased as that's basically my boy.

I love the combination and although had always believed tbs were not for me, he's completely changed my views.

If i had to choose a specific breed though it would prob be the Welsh, purely for their sense of humour and movement but heavier built thoroughbreds or thoroughbred crosses are a very close second.

tasel

Visit site
Despite all the problems I had with mine... German Warmblood. So full of charachter (hear my throat clearing noise!), personality and an eye for perfection (at least the ones I know have).

But wouldn't mind to have an ISH at some point... they are so genuine - more so than German Warmbloods, I have to say!

rocketdog69

Visit site
I agree with you totally 100%, I have an Andalusian and he's awesome! I also have a Spanish-Norman (Andalusian x Percheron). I'm broadminded as I also have a super show cob!

j1ffy

Visit site
Difficult one!! I love Andalusians too and "three-bloods" (Andalusian x TB x Arab).

Overall though, anything that's at least 50% TB! Love the enthusiasm (ahem!) and athleticism.