Whats your favourite equestrian item?

J&S

Visit site
I think, beyond doubt, it is my saddles. Well used, well looked after saddles that is. It is the shape, feel, smell, concept of a saddle. I enjoy looking at mine on the saddle horse, I am happy to clean, oil and soap them and feel rather proud to own them. I feel sorry for old and neglected saddles that have been allowed to go hard and cracked. There must be some reason that we keep a saddle long after the horse has departed.

chaps89

Visit site
Currently it’s my fleece lined waterproof full chaps. Why is probably obvious ;)
Normally it would be a pair of ariat heritage contour long boots. I’m in Tredsteps at the moment and boy do I miss my ariats. Just so comfy!
When I had my own ridden horse it was my horsebox. The freedom to box up and go out and about (or go to the vets and not worry about getting there as was often the case too ? ) was just the best thing ever

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Oooh, tough one. I am torn between my air jacket, which is a real game change for me, and my carbon fibre jointed air filled WOW saddles which have been a game changer for my horses.

Great idea for a thread! What's yours?

blodwyn1

Visit site
My heated coat has been a lifesaver in the cold weather especially as the heated sections are either side of my fractured vertebrae so give great pain relief too.

Bonnie Allie

Visit site
Can I have two favourite things?

My hand made English leather bridle bought second hand on eBay and shipped to Australia. Truly stunning piece of workmanship. Horse passed away 10 years ago and I can’t part with it.

My PH stridefree saddles. I love innovation - I was highly sceptical about the benefits of the tree design as I thought it was another gimmick. Absolute game changer for my horse. I cant justify the price for how s*** of a rider I am but my horse loved it so much I then bought SJ one as well.

Marigold4

Visit site
My secondhand Torsion treeless saddle £200. It's really ugly but it's the only saddle my young horse will tolerate. Without it, he would be a field ornament.

Melandmary

Visit site
At the moment probably my electric fence tester fob!! I feel a sense of happiness as i walk round my fencing hearing it beep knowing that little mary is not going to be able to escape and get into mischief ?. I alsi just bought a boredom ball for atuffing with hay. I gawped at the price but wanted some foraging/enrichment toys now they are living on hardstanding and sand paddock and i am happy they all play with it

IrishMilo

Visit site
Acavallo Alupro stirrups. They give me such peace of mind as the thought of getting my foot stuck and being dragged is my worst nightmare.

Spotherisk

Visit site
One horse passed age 10 and the other is retired but of course I still have everything…

it’s either my Ideal Grandee saddle which is super comfy and the first decent leather saddle I had after making do for years with those which were never perfect for the horse, or my Metalab stirrups which were an absolute Godsend for achy knees.
2DB9BB23-0B1B-4E2F-B755-C448B230201F.jpeg

HorseMaid

Visit site
Apart from my horse, definitely saddles. A well made English leather saddle is a thing of beauty in my eyes and I do like mine well looked after and get upset if anyone puts it away dirty. I sourced a lovely saddle for a friend and she doesn't look after it at all, it's currently got white salt crystals growing on it from the sea, galling, it was pristine and beautiful when she got it.

Starzaan

Visit site
Can I have a few?
My Thermatex rugs, and Thermatex quarter sheets.
Sisal and lambswool grooming mitt for getting the mud off sensitive clipped faces, and for a lovely shine.
Heat holders thermal socks

And non horsey but SO IMPORTANT are my metal cup with a lid and straw for Diet Coke, and my £25 cheap knock off air pods which I LOVE.

Skib

sites.google.com
My Sprenger straight safety stirrups. I have two sizes for summer and winter boots. I like my supple leathers too but my happy cantering days began with the Sprenger stirrups.
It is odd as I dont take them to RS riding lessons and canter dressage in normal stirrups without a thought. But having the right kit can be an enormous factor in whether or not a beginner actually learns to ride.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
My air jacket for the security it gives me but also my lovely Lavinia Mitchell saddle- it's so comfy , well made ,.fits us both well , and gives me a secure seat..