Whats your favourite horse quote?

horseluver4eva

Visit site
Theres so many quotes out there but there is a few that stand out to each person and mean something to yourself and your experiences. One of my favourite quotes is "Selling your horse, then a year on, it still breaks your heart the same it did the day you kissed him goodbye" because it really is so true. theres a few more, but what are everybody elses most favourite quotes of all time?

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Can't think of any off the top of my head, but just read your sig- so sorry about Zara, didn't know she had passed away. x

TandD

Visit site
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”

Greylegs

Visit site
There are a few I like ...

Riding ... The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground...

...and ...

Horses leave hoof prints on your soul.

Both very true. I have a book at home called The Quotable Horseman which is full of these (except I'm away on hols at the mo so can't get my hands on it).

FoxTrotx

Visit site
"All horses deserve, at least once in their life, to be loved by a little girl."

I am still very much that little girl and think I may well be my horse's first 'little girl'.

Sophie G

Visit site
My favourite is,

' My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, he carries me away from all my fears,
and when the world threatens to fall asunder, his mane is there to wipe away my tears.' and also, '

Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter, it gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark.'

PingPongPony

Visit site
Mines the one in my sig :) I don't really have a reason for liking it, I just do :)
''In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart''

Walrus

Visit site
Look back at our struggle for freedom,
Trace our present day's strength to it's source;
And you'll find that man's pathway to glory
Is strewn with the bones of the horse.
~Author Unknown

In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. Eleven-hundred pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs - it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster. ~Author Unknown

The daughter who won't lift a finger in the house is the same child who cycles madly off in the pouring rain to spend all morning mucking out a stable. ~Samantha Armstrong

Also love the one that every horse deserves to be loved by a little girl.

cambrica

Visit site
I think that if I become a horseman, I shall be a man on wings - Xenophon

One who believes he has mastered the art of horsemanship, has not yet begun to understand the horse.

starryeyed

Visit site
Love these. Someone on here has a quote in their signature that I absolutely love and I always think how nice it is when I see their posts - but can't for the life of me remember who has it - will keep an eye out for it!! x

Bernster

Visit site
The little girl one is sweet. Also like the grooming one!

Not sure if this is horsey but its definitely apt - It will all be ok in the end. And if it isn't ok, then it's not the end.

Jaycee

Visit site
A life without horses, is like taking a breath without air.

When a horse greets you with a nicker and regards you with a liquid eye,
the question of where you want to be has been answered.

gadetra

Visit site
Two words: Ted Walsh. He comes out with some hilarious ones such as 'I rode her mother'.

The only exceptions were his comments on Dot Love when she won in Galway. 'She pulls out well, Dot etc.' The feminist in me did not like that! I know he drives some people mad but I think he is hilarious and extraordinarily knowledgeable.

There used to be a column in the Irish Field that collected his quotes from each day of the Cheltenham festival. Legendary!

gryff

Visit site
Something along the lines of an Arabian should be brave enough to carry you into battle, but gentle enough to sleep in your tent - sums my mare perfectly!

lazysunday

Visit site
Love these.

One of my favourites is "To his faults be a little blind, to his good points be ever so kind".

I think that was from "The Horsemans Weekend" book.

slumdog

Visit site
If its easy it won't be worth it
If its worth it, it won't be easy

Lifetime to make them, 2 seconds to break them.

Not quite the same but our motto is "all the gear- can't go clear!"