What’s the H&H’s free article limit?

asmp

Visit site
For the first time since I’ve been on this forum I can no longer see the articles on H&H’s main page as it keeps telling me I’ve reached the free article limit. Anyone know what the limit is? As it is now a new month I thought the counter might reset and let me read the articles again but it’s still not letting me. Or are they getting stricter on how much we can read?

July dreamer

Visit site
I have the same problem. I found I could see the articles by using another computer but don't know how long that will last. Must be a new thing, I've not had this problem before.

fetlock

Visit site
I've had this for a few days and also thought it may reset on 1st May, but apparenty not.
I notice that even promotional articles ie for homes for sale, are also included in the article limit. Err, not sure they've thought that one through...

H&H will have to significantly up its game, online content wise, for me to pay a subscription. I can live without the "would you rather" and equine emoji quiz dross and staff who don't know the difference between reign and rein (an unforgivable sin in a horsey mag :()

I know times are very hard for publishing. I know all that. People will pay for quality content. Unfortunately those days of quality content appear to be long gone for H&H.

poacher82

Visit site
I've just hit this too... never really had a problem with the H&H+ content, as if I just wait until Thursday it's in the print copy anyway, but this restriction just seems off to me. I've paid for a subscription to H&H for more than 20 years (not quite true, my dad paid for it for the first several years, thanks to a show offer where he got a decent bottle of whisky for signing up!) and now I have to pay extra to read the same stories online? Unless I'm much mistaken, there's not a huge amount of additional content with H&H+, it's more that you get to read it immediately instead of when the magazine drops?

poacher82

Visit site
Hilariously, I've just been to the Subscribe page on the website to find out more (thinking maybe I should investigate my options and potentially climb down off my high horse if it turns out I'm paying through the nose for the magazine only option just because I haven't bothered to check!) and got the same message... so I can't actually read about the subscription options ?

1620123443993.png

fetlock

Visit site
So three weeks after this first popped up, it's still popping up.

They need to change the "you've exceeded your free article limit" message because the article limit is now plainly set at zero and 100% subscription-only viewing.

So what's the point of still having some articles set at "H&H Plus", when every article on the website now needs a subscription to view?

poacher82

Visit site
Fetlock, I cured this by accident today - cleared my internet history/cookies etc and it appears to have reset my access!

Incidentally, I did also investigate subscriptions and discovered I can have a print/digital/Plus subscription (i.e. all bases covered) for £27.99 a quarter, whereas I'm currently paying £63 every 6 months for print only. Blummin annoying, I do hate when loyalty is rewarded with higher bills, but I suppose I should have checked sooner!

asmp

Visit site
So three weeks after this first popped up, it's still popping up.

They need to change the "you've exceeded your free article limit" message because the article limit is now plainly set at zero and 100% subscription-only viewing.

So what's the point of still having some articles set at "H&H Plus", when every article on the website now needs a subscription to view?
Is it just a few of us as not many people seem to be complaining?

Lady Jane

Visit site
Everyone can access a limited number of articles on the website, and sign up for the 30-day free trial to access more. Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Carol

Please excuse my brevity. Sent from iPhone.

On Tue, 25 May 2021 at 18:44, Mandy Roberts <mandyroberts99@gmail.com> wrote:
Carol
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I think this means all articles are effectively 'H+H Plus'? Or have I misunderstood?
Thanks
Mandy
On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 6:01 PM Carol Phillips <carol.phillips@futurenet.com> wrote:
Dear Mandy

Many thanks for your email. No, I'm afraid this is not an IT issue. Much of the journalism on our website remains free for everyone to view, but we do ask users to subscribe if they would like to be able to access 100% of our website content where they are regular readers and see the value in doing so. Anyone can make use of our 30-day free trial to allow them to experience all the benefits of the website, and magazine subscribers get extended free access by following the instructions here: https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/freetrial

Best wishes

Carol
------------------
Carol Phillips, Horse & Hound
On Tue, 25 May 2021 at 17:37, Mandy Roberts <mandyroberts99@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Carol
I am now getting a message 'You have reached this month's free article limit' if I try to read any article and I can see from the Forum many of us have the same problem.

I didn't know there was a limit? Is this a new limitation or is it an IT issue?
I have the same problem using MS Edge and Google Chrome

Regards
Mandy​

asmp

Visit site
That doesn’t really answer the problem does it?!! No, not everyone can access a limited amount of articles.

I would consider paying a small amount to read the website (not H&H plus) but certainly not the £8 a month.

I’m trying to read it on my iPad if that makes any difference.

Lady Jane

Visit site
That doesn’t really answer the problem does it?!! No, not everyone can access a limited amount of articles.

I would consider paying a small amount to read the website (not H&H plus) but certainly not the £8 a month.

I’m trying to read it on my iPad if that makes any difference.

I don't think itreally answered the question!

asmp

Visit site
So I’ve just followed instructions from the internet on how to clear cookies from an individual site on my iPad and it seems to have worked! I can now read articles ?

Astra

Visit site
Hilariously, I've just been to the Subscribe page on the website to find out more (thinking maybe I should investigate my options and potentially climb down off my high horse if it turns out I'm paying through the nose for the magazine only option just because I haven't bothered to check!) and got the same message... so I can't actually read about the subscription options ?

View attachment 71281

Well that's shooting themselves in the foot... I've just seen this special offer link has appeared on the homepage if anyone's interested and the page isn't restricted from what I can see...

The Jokers Girl

Visit site
Never had this problem until today, it just used to be the HH plus articles I couldn't read now I can't read any. Tried clearing cookies and cached files, and still get same message. Oh well, I won't be paying as the content to me isn't worth what they charge but at least I can still browse the for sale ads ?