wheel barrow capacity - pointless observation

Capriole

Visit site
mucking out the other day, a 'newly horsey' bloke commented on just how full my barrow was- '12 stories high' apparently
smile.gif
, and said his GF fills hers the same way and we horsewomen were just too lazy to empty it more...

... am i alone in wanting to get a proper load in a barrow, or am i just lazy
smile.gif

Missmac

Visit site
I am the same!! I even squash the contents of my wheelbarrow down so I dont have to visit the muckheap as often. Im not lazy. Im erm...efficient?!

Smash

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

... am i alone in wanting to get a proper load in a barrow, or am i just lazy
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I much prefer the term 'energy efficient.'
grin.gif

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
What an odd thing for him to say! I always pack my wheelbarrow full to the brim so I only have to do one run to the heap. I have been known to pat it down and put my horse's water butt (balanced precariously) on top as well when I take it out to be scrubbed
grin.gif
Boy I must be really lazy!

Lill

Visit site
PMSL I am exactly the same, i try as hard as i can to get the 3 boys mucked out just using one load of the big barrow! It gets squished down and balanced on top too!

kerilli

Visit site
agreed, it's just efficiency, doing as few trips as possible to the muck trailer.
i did have to show someone how to load a wheelbarrow to get more in, that you have to do the corners first, not just plonk stuff in the middle. they didn't believe me until they saw the work of art i achieved, about a foot high of bedding perfectly layered and balanced above the rim!
wink.gif

alicedove

Visit site
You know what they say girls, (in the hairdresing world apparently) "Use your head to save your legs"

this translates into the things we all do, such as put items on the stairs to go up when we are next going up, which one's husband and children step all over in their haste to get upstairs and not take it; grrrrr!

BeckyD

Visit site
I haven't yet got the knack of filling shavings really high on a barrow, but I used to get straw super-high, like a massive but secure mountain. My justification was that I could always say to mum (who grumbled about straw bills) "But I only took out one wheelbarrow".
People used to laugh at this muck mountain walking towards them as not much of me could be seen over the top
laugh.gif

kick_On

Visit site
no it saves time
grin.gif
and my other mottos are: never walk across yard without doing a job and when sweeping up worry about corner and the rest will take care of itself..........

Hornby

Visit site
I would say that if I saw someone on a yard going to the muck heap with a lightly filled barrow after mucking out...they must be an "amateur!". I pride myself on being very "time and motion" efficient - especially as my muckheap is a good walk away!