Wheel Clamp for Ifor Williams Trailer?

jm2k

Visit site
Looking to buy a wheel clamp for the ifor trailer ive got (2002)
What ones are easy to fit and actually do fit?

I bought one which was mega awkward to get on the back wheel due to the other wheel and wheel guard being so close.

(also got a hitchlock but want double security)

competitiondiva

Visit site
Another vote for Bulldog, check with your insurance because most insist that the trailer has a clamp and specify the type/make. Bulldog is one that is specified.

hunteress

Visit site
I have one that go's on the end that attaches to the tow bar a ball that fits in then a piece that go's over and is locked I find these much better than a wheel clamp they are easier to fit and you are not groveling in the dirt trying to get off .

Cragrat

Visit site
Bulldog Titan.

Quite simple once you've put in on once. Reassuringly blooming heavy!

Can't imagine it being removed without noisy power tools.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Bulldog Titan. And getting the roof post coded plus post code stamped on various places on the chassis. Well that's what I have on my 510.

The Titan is pretty chunky but not so huge that I don't stick it in the rear footwell of my 4x4 when we're out and about in case I have to leave the trailer parked anywhere.

jm2k

Visit site

thats one ive had and got rid of as its too much of a nuisance to mess about with.

im looking at the bulldogs - so glad people think they are good.

my insurance has said either wheel clamp or hitch lock but cant remember off-hand what they said about brands so will double check.
i need it to be easy to do in the dark as we have no lighting, not great in the winter!

jm2k

Visit site
Be wary of doing this as have less scrupulous people have been known to take details down at shows so they know where it will be parked , would advise just the first part of postcode and data tag

was thinking about this - but decided against it as its not a deterrent as such as still easy to remove trailer if stolen and then they can barn it while remove the letters.