When did you last fall off?

Has HHO changed for the worse?

• Total voters

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Within the last month...three times in one jumping lesson on my pony, none of which were Dougs fault, it was me being extra unbalanced haha. And the day before that on a college horse, he bucked whilst standing still
tongue.gif

Joss

Visit site
I amnot answering!! Last time I was having this conversation I was hacking along a grass track & my last words were 'I have never fallen off this mare' Had hardly finished the sentence & I was sitting in the ditch next to the track watching the offending pheasant flap away across the field
smile.gif
smile.gif

I dont ride as many horses a day now & find a couple of times a year is quite ample
grin.gif

4leggedfurries

Sunny Somerset - surrounded by bare scorched field
Visit site
I fall off on a regular basis, one of those things but the last time i fell was july a few weeks before my brothers wedding and broke my thumb. He was not impressed and banned me from jumping (but not riding all together) but thankfully i didnt need it plastering!

ETA fell off the shetland a few weeks ago whilst me and my dad were poo picking. He and the exmoor decided to tank off while i was sitting there and i went flying out the side door and ended up in a laughing my head off heap on the floor!

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
22/11/2008 - It was a cracking fall and I can't actually remember what happened! I do remember walking into the school, planning to ride for twenty minutes, and thinking "I haven't fallen off this horse for four years, so I wont bother closing the gate!" (gate isn't hung right so takes a lot of effort to shut and I was being lazy and in a rush). So, got on and the next thing I know I "came to" lungeing my horse!! Apparently I had ridden for about fifteen minutes, then something had spooked my horse and he bucked the entire longside (65m) and I came off, landed on my head and was out cold for a couple of minutes. The horse legged it out of the school and down the drive, under the trees, scratching the saddle etc. Eventually he was caught, and I insisted on getting back on, but they wouldn't let me, so I lunged him instead. I can't remember any of that - just getting on, and the next thing I know I'm stood in the school, the world is spinning, and I am lunging my horse! Needless to say, I ALWAYS shut the gate now!

Aniseed

Visit site
Had a nast fall over a year ago and was in plaster for a while as thought I had fractured my wrist. Icame off last night but not sure if it counts. My horse put in a dirty stop and I did the classic hanging around her neck for a few seconds then landing on my feet.

posie_honey

Visit site
i fell off on the 11 oct at a double in a xc comp... totally my fault - i really should not have been riding as i had chest infection but was too stubbon to not go! ran out of steam and horse skipped out of 2nd part of 2 stride double - i wobbeled off side!!
got back on and completed though and came 7th so not too bad!

alsxx

Visit site
I will probably curse myself now, however it was 2 years ago.....was hacking my 4 year old out, walking back to the yard along the track, letting her have a stretch when a sodding pheasant flew out of the bush, she span and I flew out the side door, landed on my feet and gave her such a fright she tanked off pulling me off my feet through the stinging nettles......fortunately she stopped after a few metres but not before I had managed to sting practically my entire body including my face!!

BobbyMondeo

Visit site
Fell off in about may time when my horse napped and reared up and fell backwards and cracked my hat on the corner of some steps. Hat now has a lovely hole in it and i keep for if i ever see someone without a hat!!

Jojo_Pea4

Visit site
Had a nasty fall in June, so-called friends horse reared and came over ontop of me and broke my femur. Happend on the yard about 2 get off after a hack. I remember laying on the floor having happy gass staring at my horse in his stable thinking he'd never do that 2 me. He watched over his door till I was taken to hospital.

_HP_

Visit site
just over a year ago
blush.gif

My horse bucked out of the blue while I was yakking to a friend, with washing lines for reins. I was dumped in the middle of the road feeling very silly
blush.gif
smile.gif

Previous to that, I hadn't fallen off for as long as I can remember - probably about 10 + yrs

Jojo_Pea4

Visit site
bex_s- Yes am doing well thanks, 1st couple of months was hard had a rod put inside my bone, My mums friend is a physio and she treating me every week, Am fully mobile think being only 21 really helped me recover.

Riding was easier than learning to walk again I think having a fab horse helped me though, he's building my confidence up.

Hope u made a speedy recovery and are back riding soon

KatB

Visit site
Saturday
smirk.gif
Due to my pony having racist tendencies in a warm up arena and whipping round at the site of a spotty pony cantering at her. Still stiff and sore!! Its the 2nd time I have fallen off her (I think!). I can't keep count of how often i fall off
smirk.gif
though its not HUGELY regular!

frannieuk

Visit site
About a month ago - was rather hungover from the night before and horse took complete advantage at fence 4 of a HT held at our yard - this was the result.....
boveysplatwork.jpg

I nearly survived but she shot backwards and I landed on my backside in the mud
blush.gif

LadyRascasse

Visit site
very nearly today, but i stayed on. it would be about 2months ago i was a comp and we were going over a tiny cross pole or so i though she stop at the last second and jumped it without her lol. that will teach me to think she will jump it cos its a tiny xpole

soph21

Visit site
I fell off badly nearly 2 years ago, doing XC, bear leapt 2nd part of double and bucked on landing, I went flying out the side door, and put my hand out behind me to save me
crazy.gif

I crushed it
frown.gif
frown.gif

about a year before that I fell off 3 times in one week, 2 youngsters I was breaking and Bear.
Landed on my feet all 3 times
wink.gif
wink.gif

God knows the last time before that!

soph21

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's quite interesting that most people haven't fallen off in over a year. Are we all riding sensible horses or just really good riders?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

I cant risk falling off now, as I'd brake too many bones, (bones of a 70 yr old:( )

So I hold on for grim death
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Na Im just a bloody goo rider
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

vallin

Visit site
Only had one bad fall-about 3 years ago horse reared, went over backwards and landed on my leg, luckily no serious damage. Didn't fall of for ages until recently when I've come of 3 times, once when she stopped at the middle part of a coffin and I was ahead of the jump-landed on my feet though, then at my first XC comp. doing pairs she took a massive jump over the ditch to try and catch the other horse and hen there was a 90 degree turn, and she went one way and then I went the other, and most recently and repeat of the first apart from it was a grid not a coffin!

turkana

Visit site
Last year out hunting, we were crossing a ford which was running fast & deep due to a lot of rain, everybody else's horse crossed sensibly but mine decided to bound across.
She lost her footing, one big splash later & we both had a ducking!
I got back on & finished the day soaked through. Fortunately it was at the start of the last line so I quickly warmed up & didn't have to stay out for much longer, I let myself down by swearing a lot.

Walrus

Visit site
About 2 months ago I fell off twice in 3 hours whilst out hunting for the first time on a scatty TB - was so proud that I landed on my feet both times and kept hold of the horse! Also a couple of weeks ago I half hopped off one when she reared up out hacking - she went up, I heard my friend go "sh*t!" so I hopped out the side door, so doesnt really count! Before that it was quite a while ago, but I'm getting more adventerous at the moment and am probably due for a proper fall (fingers crossed not tho!).