When do feet reach adult size?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Just wondering because I have a rising 3yo who I hope to keep barefoot but want to have some boots for when he starts work in the future. I currently have a set of size 0 Epics which fit my other pony but these are slightly too narrow to go on the youngster who has feet the same length and width, though the length would be right. I think, from measuring, that at the moment Gloves size 0 wide would fit him. Reason I'm asking is that I have the chance of a set of 0.5w gloves that a friend no longer needs and I'm looking at them wondering if he will grow into them by the time he needs them, as I might not have another chance for a set at the price :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I bought a flour year old Clyde cross who I thought had surprisingly small feet. By the time he was six, they were much more the size I had expected. He's barefoot. If I'd bought him boots to fit at four there is no way they would have fitted at five. My other barefoot four year old QHx did not grow as much, but they were still bigger at six than at four.

If yours is not yet three I would expect him to fit and then outgrow your friend's boots.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Gloi

Visit site
I think I'll take a risk at buying these boots, hopefully they'll fit when I need them but if they don't I'll just sell them on again.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Second hand you can’t really lose especially on the popular types of boots. Tbh if he’s 3 and you keep him BF you probably won’t need boots anyway as his feet will adjust to the very gentle rise in work you’ll probably doing anyway due to his age.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Second hand you can’t really lose especially on the popular types of boots. Tbh if he’s 3 and you keep him BF you probably won’t need boots anyway as his feet will adjust to the very gentle rise in work you’ll probably doing anyway due to his age.

Just what I was going to say!

Gloi

Visit site

The main reason I want them is that a couple of the best rides are very stony tracks so I want to be able to boot for those if I do them until I'm sure how well he manages. Don't want to put him off by hurting him on the rocks.